GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find something that will slide over the stock grips to make them a little thicker. I found one website called Grip-tek.com but was unsure what size diameter to buy. I did not know if they meant the bar diameter or the bar with grip diameter included. What are other people using? I know that I could switch grips but would prefer not to at this time. Thanks for any input.

Bill

·
Registered
698 Posts
I'll pile on: Grip Puppies are great!

·
Registered
928 Posts
I also use the foam grips from the Bulldawg at Shinhopples. Great people to deal with and really good price. Which ever you buy it will make a big improvement at least it did for me. Getting old ain't for sissies!

Crabby Bob

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yep, Shinhopples works for me too. I've gotten three pair for two motorcycles, one of the pair is a spare pair just to have .......

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
is foam the only slip on grip cover?

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
is foam the only slip on grip cover?
No, and the OP wasn't being specific, but it's what many (myself included...) to remedy that issue.

Are you thinking of the Kuryakyn iso grips?

Another fan of the California Sport Touring Grip Puppies here! :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
No, and the OP wasn't being specific, but it's what many (myself included...) to remedy that issue.

Are you thinking of the Kuryakyn iso grips?

no!!!

Another fan of the California Sport Touring Grip Puppies here! :thumbup:
I mite try these,my old hands are giving me trouble,lol

·
Registered
442 Posts
Grip Puppies, regardless who sells them are the way to go. Notice the correct size for the Goldwing is 5 1/2" long. The cheaper version and a tad shorter will slide forward and back a little bit if they get really wet.
http://www.casporttouring.com/cst/motorcycle/GRIPPUP/GPGL.html

Shinhopples is half the price of the attached link.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
The foam ones are great for heated grips. Totally eliminates hot spots and transfers heat just as well. No, they do not "hold" water. Closed cell foam, just wipe dry.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
ShinGrips (grip puppies from Shinhopples) are the best. I've gone through a 3 sets in 100K miles.
Go to the link above for direct line to the item on the Shinhopples web site. Or better yet, give them a call and if you're lucky you will get to talk with Michelle, better knows as Meesh, the owner and top dog of the place. She will be a joy to talk with, and you get great customer service. If you're not so lucky you'll have to talk with her assistant also know as Bulldog (Dawg). He'll take good care of you also, you'll just need to sort through the New Yawk, east coast, accent and a few stories about the weather and other local happening in beautiful downtown Woodbourne. Just tell 'em C.J. sent ya.
:lol:

·
Registered
851 Posts
I also use the ones from Shinhopples and love them... I bought several sets and gave a few to my buddies to try and they all love them!!!

Les

·
Registered
874 Posts
I also use the ones from Shinhopples and love them... I bought several sets and gave a few to my buddies to try and they all love them!!!

Les
:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::thumbup:

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
This thread reminded me to order another pair of Shinhopples foam grips. Mine are over four years old and just now starting to show some age deterioration. I'll probably wait until after this riding season is over to put them on.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts