GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took off the cover to check my oil and, when I tried to put the cover back on, I noticed that an oblong rubber grommet had fallen between my brake lever and the body of the GW.

It looks like the grommet goes in the metal piece that acts as a cable stay (it's about due North of the dipstick).

Could some kind soul confirm that or give me the right location for the grommet?

Thanks!

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
I took off the cover to check my oil and, when I tried to put the cover back on, I noticed that an oblong rubber grommet had fallen between my brake lever and the body of the GW.

It looks like the grommet goes in the metal piece that acts as a cable stay (it's about due North of the dipstick).

Could some kind soul confirm that or give me the right location for the grommet?

Thanks!
Doug.put that grommet on the cover first then install the cover.(look at the back of the cover) it's easier to install the cover this way.The other way the cover will push the grommet back out.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I always spray a little grease on the grommet before reinstalling the cover. Never had a grommet foll out yet.

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
Glue them in with clear silicone and they will never get lost! :thumbup:

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Doug.put that grommet on the cover first then install the cover.(look at the back of the cover) it's easier to install the cover this way.The other way the cover will push the grommet back out.
Rocky:

I found where that little bugger hides and got it taken care of.

Muchas graçias!

·
Registered
19,440 Posts
I like the silicon idea

1 - 8 of 8 Posts