GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. From my into thread I’m going to be buying a 06-10 GL18 with Com/Audio at minimum. All the ones I’m interested in are 3hrs or so away and because it’s winter I’ll be trailering it home. So to the question what is the distance when the bike is upright between the ground(trailer) and the pan or frame?? I want to make a block so when I ratchet the bike down it doesn’t compress the forks much and is solid to the trailer. It’s how I trailer all of our bikes and my personal bikes when going long distance. Thanks 👍🏻

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Just slide some 2x6's 18 inches long or so cross ways under the engine and then ratchet it down, it won't compress the forks much and will be rock solid.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just slide some 2x6's 18 inches long or so cross ways under the engine and then ratchet it down, it won't compress the forks much and will be rock solid.
So its basically 5.5 inches from the floor/ground to the bottom frame of the bike?

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
5.5" is about right. My lift is just over 5" when down and I have to hold the bike upright to get it to go under (2002,2006, & 2010). The only item that may mess up that size is if the front springs are in need of replacement dropping the front end as much as an entire inch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts