GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have noticed in pictures of board members bikes and on Fred's DVD's there are different ground plates/blocks being used. I have looked at the EC ground block on line. What do you use? Are they still available and where? I recently installed the EC power plate and can see a need for a ground plate/block soon, it is getting busy around the negative terminal. Also, if you had a picture, it would help. :D

TIA, :lol:

Bill in da U.P.

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
I use the EC and my bike is so dirty now that I just couldn't take a picture.
I mounted it just in front of the battery, wire-tied it to the frame there I think.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I am still confused as to why most of the blocks for accessories
don't have the hook-up for both negative & positive. And they
usually don't come with any fuses either.

Herb

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I have both the positive and ground blocks that EC sells. They have both been on the bike for almost two years and have been trouble free.

Contact Lewis and he can fix you right up.

Ross

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
BillsGW said:
... Also, if you had a picture, it would help...
I mounted this one just forward of the fuse block, printed a copy of the picture and taped it to the side of the tank just above this location for reference.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Jon,

I should have just asked where the EC was being mounted. I looked at their block on line and thought there wouldn't be room anywhere under the seat to mount it. I think I know where yours is mounted so I will go look at my bike now. That may very well solve my issue. :yes:
Thank you.

Bill in da U.P.

G

·
Jon,

That's a nice picture of the ground block.
do you have on of the power plate?

The picture on Lewis' web site is hard to see.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
beastie said:
..do you have on of the power plate?...
Not a very good one, unfortunately...

This was one of Sheila's early visits and you can see that she was missing a grommet :)

I've got a better one of her 'battery-powered' fuseblock that we mounted in her LH passenger cubby

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Waytec sells a terminal block that has both ground and hot connections..you can also go to radio shack and get just a ground block...
EC makes great stuff and stands behind all their products....something to be said about that....

call Lewis, he'll take care of whatever you need....

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Quickdraw said:
From my local electronics shop:
Quickdraw, that is simply beautiful! :1st: :yes1:

I don't have an eye for art, or a taste for fine wine, but I know
I have just viewed something magnificent.

I don't have any electrical gradgets of much, but I'd be tempted to
pay you to get me wired like that just in case the future calls for a
bunch of spagettied wires to be masterfully manipulated. In a safe
manner too.

Herb

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Who has the pictures of RIXX's wiring. :?: :lol: Now that is artistry at its best :wink: :wink: Sorry Rixx, I could not resist.. Go ahead, shoot me, I already spent the cash.. LOL

Ross

·
Registered
826 Posts
Got a strip from Radio Shack. Snaps right into the area just above the negative pole of the batt. I have EC's switched aux panel.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I make my own distribution panels. Get a relay and a 6 or 8 hole fuse block from an auto supply house. Mount on a piece of Lexan and secure it to the battery with double sided tape. Use the accessory fuse to provide power to the relay and use the relay to supply battery/ alternator power to the fuse block. All accessories are now protected by the proper fuses and everything gets turned off automatically when you shut the bike down.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts