GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy All,

This is probably going to seem like a goofy question,,,,but,,,,has anyone(s),on the board here ever attempted to leverage a group purchasing of Gold Wings?
It seems this could in fact be a possibility to me. I have seen so many people in just the last 2-3 weeks that have in fact cut the deal on new wings,,,,be it a '10 or a '12.
What I am getting at is say,,me,,my neigbor,,,and another neighbor ARE going to purchase a new GW ,,,3 in total. You call any one of the Honda Power Sports...dealers and say "There are three of us that are going to buy new GW's ( dont make any diff if it would be '10's or '12's) "Can you knock off $1,000 if we all buy from you today?
It seems any dealer may take a group up on a deal like this to move 3 bikes( or more)?
Scenario,,,Anyone from Idaho,,that is going to purchase,,,,get with anyone else in Idaho,,,that is also looking,,,,if you get my drift. Another plus would be if a dealer would do this,,you can have a nice little fly to dealer,,,,,,ride home,,and see some of the countryside,,:)
Maybe I m all wet???
Call me stupid??/
Ideas?

Take Care,
BC

·
Registered
250 Posts
3 is better than one, but "knock $1000 off" isn't going to get you a good deal, unless it's AFTER you already haggle the best price on 1 or come in with a fixed price offer "can you do this price for 3?" The way you stated it, you'd probably end up paying more for each one than if you went in solo.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
If you are talking about $1000 off the sticker I bet any dealer would. If I could not talk a dealer down more than $1000 off sticker I would go somewhere else. I talked the dealer down $3500 when I bought my 07.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK Not enought info,,,i guess,,,if I know,,,Dealer XYZ,,is shipping '10's at $20k OTD,(best price),I call and say,,We(3),,,will cut you a check for $19k OTD,,we'll take 3...deal,,,no deal???
( I'm not a complete pushover),,,,:)

BC

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I'm a retailer ... forget it ... too many start out that way ... "What if I buy 24 shirts???" ... then ends up buying two shirts.

The dealer still has 12 customers to deal with (assuming a group of 12 buy bikes from him) .... what's his incentive ???

Just buy your bike ... forget the group thing ... unless you are a police force buying for your city ... :lol:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
,,just a lowly 'consumer' here...:)
if i were puchasing for the local pd,,i would tell the stealer i would only but 30 0f them if the stealer would charge me, 20%,,MORE over retail ,being a government entity...:)

bc

·
Registered
876 Posts
I'm not sure you would gain that much benefit as the dealer would still be working for three different parties. Now say if you were going to buy three wings yourself paying cash, I would think you could work a substantial deal.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
glhart,,,

yep,,thats what i am saying ....cash/check,,, usually a good leverage in buying these kinds of toys,,so it seems. the american way,,,,ya know---
dealer dont have to fumble with a the back office gal,,,writing up,,all the regamerow,,,on the financial stuff,,,for one thing...

bc

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I just left my local dealer a few minutes ago picking up a throttle cable for my kid's bike. The dealer scrounged up a pile of '10s. When I saw these stacked up, I had to snap a phone pic. It's my understanding he has more yellow ones in the warehouse.

Actually, I bought one a few weeks ago... a Level III but had him swap all the tupperware over from a Level II titanium...cost me about $300 extra.

Maybe you could get a fleet deal on these.

Z

·
Banned
11,396 Posts

Here's a group buy idea.everyone buys one of these and puts these decals on them.

And starts there own bus company for Girls gone wild video auditions.Yeah Baby!

·
Registered
19,235 Posts
Wings in a row--a beautiful thing!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Wings in a row--a beautiful thing!
I agree.

Not to offend anyone, but that was the most impressive thing about WingDing for me. Staggering number of Wings in Knoxville and surrounding area. From dark & sinister to bright & fluffy and everything in between. I saw accessories I never knew existed.

Z

·
Registered
902 Posts
i just left my local dealer a few minutes ago picking up a throttle cable for my kid's bike. The dealer scrounged up a pile of '10s. When i saw these stacked up, i had to snap a phone pic. It's my understanding he has more yellow ones in the warehouse.

actually, i bought one a few weeks ago... A level iii but had him swap all the tupperware over from a level ii titanium...cost me about $300 extra.

Z
looks like a bunch of bannas...wow;)

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
I doubt the benefit to the buyers would exceed $50 per bike. The big traffic dealers deal on smaller margin, so they have less room to negotiate, and still have to do the paperwork on each bike to an individual.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
When I was in the business,any time a crew came in and wanted the low down and dirty,if they bought three,or more,I would tell them after they "all" bought one ,I would cut them a check for x amount of dollars,but only after they all bought one.
Cut out a lot of BS that way.

·
Registered
977 Posts
PM Bulldog at "Shinhopples". He might have advice?

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I just left my local dealer a few minutes ago picking up a throttle cable for my kid's bike. The dealer scrounged up a pile of '10s. When I saw these stacked up, I had to snap a phone pic. It's my understanding he has more yellow ones in the warehouse.

Actually, I bought one a few weeks ago... a Level III but had him swap all the tupperware over from a Level II titanium...cost me about $300 extra.

Z
I know Honda is very cost conscious with wire lengths in their wiring harness as it all adds up in $$$$. Even the bulk purchased GPS units were probably packaged with ABS brakes because Honda knows no one in their right mind would ever purchase a junk Honda GPS as an accessory :nojoke:.
When I see a yellow Wing I wonder if they made a deal with the huge Bluebird school bus company and purchased all their excess yellow paint at a killer price :joke:.
On the plus side that is a great photo using a phone :bow:.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts