GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode over to Springville, Alabama Saturday morning to Grumpy's Garage. Had made an appointment with the head mechanic. He replaced the oil in my rearend then changed the motor oil. One other think he accomplished was removing my rear wheel and replacing with a new Kumo. We then rode off to try out the new tire. Hate to tell you Darksiders but didn't feel that much different after about 2 minutes. Didn't feel any wobble on rode trasitions, needed a small amount of steering in the curves but not much more according to me. Took a couple curves without the steering input and only drifted ever so slightly toward the centerline. Dee loves the difference when we hit a bump in the road, much softer on the rear bounce. Grumpy and by far his better half, then cooked some steaks for dinner and offered up a free room for the night. Came home on Sunday with 150 miles or uneventfull riding. Uneventfull to the point that I didn't feel any danger with one of them dang 'killer car tires' on my bike. Thanks Grumpy and Better Half( TowMotor and Kat):lol:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Rode over to Springville, Alabama Saturday morning to Grumpy's Garage. Had made an appointment with the head mechanic. He replaced the oil in my rearend then changed the motor oil. One other think he accomplished was removing my rear wheel and replacing with a new Kumo. We then rode off to try out the new tire. Hate to tell you Darksiders but didn't feel that much different after about 2 minutes. Didn't feel any wobble on rode trasitions, needed a small amount of steering in the curves but not much more according to me. Took a couple curves without the steering input and only drifted ever so slightly toward the centerline. Dee loves the difference when we hit a bump in the road, much softer on the rear bounce. Grumpy and by far his better half, then cooked some steaks for dinner and offered up a free room for the night. Came home on Sunday with 150 miles or uneventfull riding. Uneventfull to the point that I didn't feel any danger with one of them dang 'killer car tires' on my bike. Thanks Grumpy and Better Half( TowMotor and Kat):lol:
:thumbup::congrats: SlowJoe rumor has it your not that slow and with the new improved tire you may have to change your name . By the way the your former Honda Mesh Jacket is still
Serving me well . Sorry I was not able to make it to this years SMRI. It is one of the few social events I truely enjoyed !!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
:congrats:Joe and enjoy the ride! It seems that Richard is one heck of a nice guy! Hope to see you folks in October!?

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Forgot to thank 'Abby' for the weekend entertainment. She had me throwing that tennis ball on cue in no time.:roll::lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I am glad do did not "crash and burn" riding a square tire on the way home! Kat and I enjoyed the visit and you know yall are welcome anytime. The tree we were talking about now has a face and Abby has been passed out since you left since you wore her out throwing her ball. At least we got to see a professional BBQ cook off!

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Welcome Slow Joe!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Welcome

Be sure to run up to WV for the ride-in on Oct 7,8 and meet up with the rest of the crazies.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
:congrats: SlowJoe and Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
Don't forget to get your # an Decal....

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
SlowJoe is a Darksider now:eek:4:. What is this world coming to:shock: :lol::lol:

·
Registered
652 Posts
Amazing..............

What some people won't do for a free lunch.........

·
Registered
514 Posts
Way to go joe.

We may have trouble keeping up with you now.

I'm going to try to get to Wingstock and go on a ride with you.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
We may have trouble keeping up with you now.

I'm going to try to get to Wingstock and go on a ride with you.
Hope to see you, Jack. :thumbup:

Joe, what took you so long?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hey Joe, what's this world coming to? I myself just went to the darkside last week, after considering it for sometime. Got some imput from Rail32, he types as fast as he talks. :lol: I'm using a Dunlop Winter Sport RunFlat and don't notice any difference except the ride is BETTER, the rear tire seems to eat up the bumps, and the handling is great. Linda hasn't been on the bike for any distance but I hope she has the same opinion as Dee. Keep up the smoke and mirrors about being slow.

Jay

1 - 16 of 16 Posts