GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SO has had 3 discs fused, she needs to sit more upright. She now uses a pad, but that is a pain
to carry around. The 1500 passenger backrest was more comfortable for her. I really do not have a
problem, even at 6'4" & 255#. My knees are bent a little and I am maybe 1 1/2 " from the faring.
After talking to John at Wingsoft I decided to do the Large complete. He said if not 100% satisfied
he will do what ever to make it right. For the price, compared to the others, I think it is the best
decision. Nobody else has a better option for the passenger back rest.

·
Registered
868 Posts
You won't regret it. John did my seat and I'm one happy camper.

OK John, that another 3.00 you owe me :lol:

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,784 Posts
Kandgo said:
We sure like ours, and one thing to remember is it takes a few miles for it to settle in to you and your wife, ours took close to 600 miles and now tank to tank riding is so easy on our buns. I really liked the fact that it moved me back two inches and the wife back and upright. Goodluck,,Rick
That's what I kept reading about the Wingsoft, it takes some miles to break in. Well, I was still wondering when it was going to break in at 4000 miles :lol: At 5000 miles the Wingsoft finally felt good and the butt burn I was experiencing with my seat when away. I happy with the Wingsoft now. Just goes to show you that everyone is different when it comes to seats :)

·
Chard Member
13,063 Posts
blento said:
Nobody else has a better option for the passenger back rest.
I don't know what you want. Hartco sells a pass backrest that will let her sit upright and give her more space.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Red, I went with the Wingsoft because I could not afford almost 2X the price.
The stock seat was OK for me, I was more concerned about her comfort, but
after talking to John at Wingsoft the price was right for the whole seat.
thanks for the reply

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Will Wingsoft do just the passenger backrest???

I saw a ladys wing several years ago at the Hoot and she said it was done like the 1500...never owning a 1500 I can't say, but it was more curved and the hump in the middle of the backrest was gone. Is this what Wingsoft is doing now???

Wingsoft, price???

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
KYblue. You can do that hump removal yourself in about 1/2 hour. This coming from a not too handy guy. If I can do it, anybody can! IMHO

1) simply remove the back rest.
2) Remove about a dozen staples from the bottom of the seat back.
3) Roll the material back about half way up the seat.
4) take a good electric knife and cut the foam lumbar support flush with the rest of the backing. (it sticks out about an inch or so further than anything else.)
4) Pull material back down, put in about a dozen staples and Walla!
My SO hated the GL1800 seat until this operation was done. Now she thinks it is as comfy as the 1500 was. JHHO.

Shadow1
Hal

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, John will do just the pass. backrest for $129 with a very quick retern.
Give him a call 512-394-9601

·
Registered
958 Posts
Yup I can do just a backrest. We do more to the backrest than just cut out the lumbar part.

I have a picture of the factory foam on my website. Go to the page for the WingSoft rear seat and you can see whats under the vinyl. We cut the entire center section out and also modify the lower lumbar piece between the seat and the backrest. Our replacement foam for the passenger backrest is designed so the passenger moves back one inch, and it has more support for the upper back as well. Without modifying the lumbar piece and the entire center section of the passsenger backrest, you still have the same lean angle as stock.

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts