GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Yeah, I saw that broadcast last night. It's the others on the road that get caught up the accident that worries me.....:eek:4:

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I went down at 135. Except for the hole in my foot from trying to recover the lowside and briuses on all ten finger tips from refusing to let go, I was ready to continue the race. I wasn't even sore the next day. The hole in my foot took a few weeks to heal up, but my wife was a trooper. She dressed it twice a day, every day till it healed.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Ouch!!! That hurt!! They sure make a good name for the rest of us..

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts

·
Vendor
21,876 Posts
That is from a local news channel here. I see this sort of crap every week around here. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff I have witnessed. I've seen guys in the middle of 70mph moving traffic doing 100mph + wheelies while standing on the seat, and weaving in and out of traffic the whole time.

Just last week one of them went off the edge of one of those super elevated cloverleaf interchanges they have here and fell into traffic below and was killed.

I'm sorry, but I have zero sympathy for them.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
That is from a local news channel here. I see this sort of crap every week around here. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff I have witnessed. I've seen guys in the middle of 70mph moving traffic doing 100mph + wheelies while standing on the seat, and weaving in and out of traffic the whole time.

Just last week one of them went off the edge of one of those super elevated cloverleaf interchanges they have here and fell into traffic below and was killed.

I'm sorry, but I have zero sympathy for them.

Remember stupid hurts!
:eek:4:

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
Where's YouTube when you really need them?!?!

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Idiots!:wrong:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Anyone who has to go that fast is just asking for trouble and like Fred H. I have no sympathy for them. You are old enough to know what you are doing! In the words of "Baretta" , "don't do the crime if you can't do the time." :doorag:

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Well thats just not me. I do have sympathy and compassion for any injured or killed motorcyclist. Everyone has differing levels of judgement, experience, skill, and preference. Right or wrong, smart or ignorant. After all being a motorcyclist is a form of brotherhood, I hate to lose any of 'em.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts