GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new dancing shoe for the back rim.....

Kumho 195/55/16R ECSTA SPT

I and the wife went for a short ride, she noticed the difference in how smooth the bike was on the dance floor.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
:congrats: on the new shoe EZ!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
:congrats: Welcome to the DARK SIDE!

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
:congrats: and Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
Don't forget to get your # an Decal....

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
did a little "soft shoe" did ya?

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
A new dancing shoe for the back rim.....

Kumho 195/55/16R ECSTA SPT

I and the wife went for a short ride, she noticed the difference in how smooth the bike was on the dance floor.
I know you know how to obtain Darkside cookies !:congrats: by the way see you at Dells in a few weeks !

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
:congrats:

Now that you made the decision, the only question si - why didn't I do this before?

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
:congrats:

Now that you made the decision, the only question si - why didn't I do this before?
I think we all asked ourselves that question, but we're all glad we did.

Welcome, and enjoy!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Welcome to the Dark Side EZ. You made a good choice. See you at the Dells. Hold us a spot in the parking lot.:capwin:-Ed

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you everyone for the well wishes. Between working and golfing (tournanments), not much time to ride. From the first time on the dance floor with a new dance shoe, the wife and I know it was a good investment. If I have any questions, I know there is a World of info just from the people that posted on my post, and form the people that talked me into the R/F, these people know who they are.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
:congrats:and welcome! I've got family in Cedarberg and Sheboygan!

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Guess what I put on today ?? Answer .....3 lbs- 5 lbs for sure ,big eating day :lol:

·
Registered
259 Posts
:congrats: :agree: smooooooth

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What can I say that had not been already said (good or bad) about a CT/RF that I put on the bike over two weeks ago. I put the RF on @ the suggestion of 3 Turtles and Vettesherps (Joel and George) just before are trip to Rockies Gold with those two, @ frist I was not going to but both Joel and George said it would be a good test for me to see if I would like it or not. After 4,350 miles on the RF in many different weather conditions, rain, flooding, wind, pot holes, halt, some dead animals here and there, big and small and some hot weather in AK, OK, TX and NM, I feel safe riding 2up. Like George told me, it was like having a suspension upgrade without the big cost and Joel told me there was more tire surface to road contact. My wife @ first was against the idea of a RF but after 4,350 miles in the back seat, she said it was a good investment and a much better riding bike. I am sure there will be some nay sayers, SO WHAT. These nay sayers are the one's that did not want steel belted tires: (the tire was just find with a piece of rubber and tube). I'am sure there are some draw backs with a CT/RF on a motorcycle, I just have not found/ seen them @ this time. If you know of any draw backs, please feel free to post them here. As miles go bye with the RF, I' ll keep you up dated.

PS. I also got to give Rail32 a big thank you for letting me ride his bike last year in the Dells, riding Rails bike gave me a good feel/idea on what to expect, thanks Randy.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
I am a bad influence ,people should be aware of that . :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I am guessing only a few people DON'T know about our own cookie monster.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts