GL1800Riders Forums banner

81 - 100 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
16,480 Posts
I am really hard to reach by phone, so I called Don after enough time to assure delivery to him.

prs

·
Registered
65 Posts
So we know on you're reflash the sport mode was modified. From the list of changes available from Guhl which other ones did he do for you?
1. eliminate speed limiter
2. lower radiator fan setpoint
3. increase throttle response in tour
4. raise the rev limiter
5. sticky mode so bike stays in last mode chosen

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
So we know on you're reflash the sport mode was modified. From the list of changes available from Guhl which other ones did he do for you?
1. eliminate speed limiter
2. lower radiator fan setpoint
3. increase throttle response in tour
4. raise the rev limiter
5. stick mode so bike stays in last mode chosen

All of the above for me

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm very interested in hearing opinions on the reflash. Those that have done it, please post up your full test opinions. Is it worth the $'s??

·
Registered
476 Posts
Looks like the main benefit is top speed and better tour mode power and better sport mode control. I could do without the higher top speed but the better tour and sport modes interest me a lot

·
Registered
20 Posts
Plenty of info out there, all you have to do is search for yourself.:)
Thanks for the help. Maybe I missed the posts, or I maybe I'm a bit too dense to adequately search, but I didn't see too many testimonials out there. Just looking for some impressions as to whether the changes in the Sport and Tour modes make it worth the effort and cost. :)

·
Registered
16,480 Posts
I am happy with it.

prs

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
Thanks for the help. Maybe I missed the posts, or I maybe I'm a bit too dense to adequately search, but I didn't see too many testimonials out there. Just looking for some impressions as to whether the changes in the Sport and Tour modes make it worth the effort and cost. :)
If you have FB, there are tons of info on the Honda 2018-2020 Gold Wing private Group. It's easy to join.:)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I tried what I think is this facebook group and can't find but 2 posts after doing a search for Guhl reflash. Maybee wrong group, could you provide a link?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mine with the flash is wintering in the garage. Guhl flashed ECU was installed but the bike is apart for install of other farkles so I have not ridden it yet. I did not have Don install the sticky mode change on mine That change is the only way a sharp dealer or mechanic would know the ECU was flashed which none of them are going to do. (y)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I just mailed mine to Don. I ordered everything! I am not concerned the dealer notices the re-flash, since they told me they could care less about that! I love those guys . . .

·
Registered
65 Posts
Finally got in a brief ride (about 1 hour) before the rain moved back in. Top speed limiter definitely gone. It has been 4 months since I rode the bike so I am not sure I see that much change in tour mode but sport mode is less herky jerky off low throttle settings. The rev limiter is definitely higher but shift points are same as stock on my auto. Overall pleased with the changes.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Got out for another ride today for a good review of the Guhl reflash. Rode my buddys stock 2019 GW tour back to back with mine and the tour mode id definitely more responsive. Good enough that I will only use tour for almost all riding situations. Sport is a little less herky jerky but still to throttle sensitive for tight mountain roads for my taste. Sport will work fine for fast sweepers like the Cherrololah in the smoky mtns.

81 - 100 of 132 Posts