GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have any pics of their GW up on the PepsX stand? where do you place your jack under the bike? I guess I don't know where the center of gravity is, VTX is almost directly under the engine.

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
589 Posts
does anyone have any pics of their GW up on the PepsX stand? where do you place your jack under the bike? I guess I don't know where the center of gravity is, VTX is almost directly under the engine.

Thanks,
Kevin
Place your jack where the left arm hits the front of your center stand bracket coming in from the right side of the bike. This will place the right jack arm under the engine pan. This will be the center of gravity on your GL1800 and if you watch Fred's video this is where he recommends. For clearance raise your rear air pressure on your shock to max. If needed roll your rear tire up on a 1x4 1x6 board for added clearance for some jacks.

After this PepsX recommends below
After lifting your bike up with your ATV/motorcycle jack, simply slide the stand in around the jack and then lower your bike onto the pepsX stand. After removing the jack, you are ready to do routine maintenance, oil changes, cleaning, winter storage, or even major projects.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
here you go

Attachments

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
here's another

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts