GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The GWRRA AZ District Rally will be coming up Oct 28-30 at the Tucson Hilton East Hotel. At this point nearly 50 vendors, 250+ Door and Grand Prizes including 8 sets of 1800 tires. Field entertainment from AZ and California Drill Teams as well as Motorcycle Color Guard of America. Seminars include CPR/ First Aid, Street Strategies, Rhythms of the Road, How to best pack a Wing without a trailer and more. Entertainment includes a Halloween Party and 50's Dance Check it out at www.gwrraaz.com.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The list of confirmed Vendors has only 8 names on it.. Who are the other 42?

·
Registered
931 Posts
What is the cost to get in and see the vendors?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Six of us from Oregon are coming down. All of us are seeing country we have not seen before. Can't wait.
Let us know your agenda / time frame and we may be able to help with routing suggestions to assist you with seeing some of the best parts of the state. We'd need to know if you're just looking for scenery, great roads, or a combo.

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
Six of us from Oregon are coming down. All of us are seeing country we have not seen before. Can't wait.
Get a bit closer time-wise, weather around here is yo-yo'ing (typical change of season stuff..) a bit...then our road recommendations become a bit clearer.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Since I live just a couple of miles from the Hilton, this might be fun.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Since I live just a couple of miles from the Hilton
Former Sahuaro HS graduate here. Just a few miles from the Hilton too. Of course, I remember when it was a dump site.
:22yikes:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The list of confirmed Vendors has only 8 names on it.. Who are the other 42?

No one knows what vendors will be in attendance? I can't convince the SO if I can't tempt her with places to shop.

Also any painters going to be in attendance?

·
Registered
240 Posts
heading to the Tucson rally but don't see any day rides on the schedule...was wondering if anyone knew if any day rides are scheduled..for example to Tombstone?????

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
Upper 80s for highs, lows in the upper 50s

Any info posted on their message board? Not going to be posted here, ya think?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Ken, I've checked various chapter sites, googled it, etc, but don't find anything other than the generic PDF announcement flyer.

We have to hit some AZ Beemer RCC sites on the way but should be there around noon.

After the drill team performs we'll be heading to my mom's house and then down to Benson for my B-Day dinner. Crash at my mom's house Sat night, breakfast with her, and then off to grab a few more sites before we head home.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I went to the AZ GWRRAAZ website, and found the September 2011 newsletter very informative. Here is the link: http://www.gwrraaz.com/newsletters/distsep11.pdf

I'm thinking about riding down for Saturday's events as it looks like it'll be a nice day for a ride.

- David

Edit:

After wasting a bunch of time, I went to the AZ GWRRA website (http://www.gwrraaz.com/) and clicked on the conference logo in the middle of the home page. TONS of information there, including the daily itinerary of events.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Happy B'day Brian.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts