GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this organization have monthly rides? I am looking for a group to ride with in the San Antonio area that goes monthly or maybe twice a month. Are there any out there? It does not have to be strictly a Goldwing group.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
If you are a member of GWRRA you should have a Gold Book containing the names members across the country.

Most chapters have frequent rides. Those areas that do not have chapters will have people who group ride.

Ask you question on the travel/ride forum and see what you get for a response.

Also check the online GWRRA message board for information.

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
I don't know where you're located, but you can PM or email me and I'd be glad to help out.

Edit: DUH, I checked the sig and profile and glossed right over the San Antonio in the message... :oops:

·
Registered
19,057 Posts
Every chapter is different, mine has 3-4 rides per month. There are about 4 other chapters nearby who welcome all riders too. Through out the country their are active and unactive chapters. There are also Regional Chapter rides.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Most of the groups you will enjoy riding with most - even the GWRRA groups - will welcome you even if you are not a member. I would suggest riding with different groups before deciding which group you wish to join. REMEMBER - the $45/55 dollars you sent to the GWRRA in AZ does not give the local group any - the way to support the local group is to make a couple of rides with them, contributing to the 50/50 drawing they have, and if you happen to win it, donate it back to the group.

There is another really nice group to ride with, and darn it, I just can not pull the name - something "Southern Cruisers" - they cover all makes of bikes, wings, cruisers, just anyone who enjoys riding. They are FREE membership - unless it's changed. They also have a national list (or once did) something like the Goldbook - just didn't cost you $45/$55 each year to join.

Good luck and have fun.

Ken H>

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
swipter said:
Does this organization have monthly rides?
Group rides are at the Chapter level. Some have rides many times a month while others only once or twice a year.

Here's a link to the Texas chapters...http://www.gwrra-tx.org/friends/friends.php - take a look at the chapters that are of interest to you and contact them for additional info. If possible, attend a meeting or two as well as a few groups rides to learn more.

The Southern Cruisers many be of interest as well - http://www.southerncruisers.net/ - like any organization, each chapter has its own personality so spend some time with more than one to better understand them.

Good luck!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Hey swipter-our chapter is just a little out of the way for you (MA) and most of us have put the bikes up for the winter but we have rides every weekend from early April to the middle of November and some even later in the year. Plus the 3 Ice Cream Rides each month. Stop by any time, we would be glad to see you.[/b]

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the info. I applied to Southern Cruisers. I know someone in that group and have heard good things.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I'm a active menber of Chapter 'H' in San Antonio. We have some type of ride every weekend and we ride year round. Check out our web site for schedulled rides and the monthly gathering at Logan's Roadhouse on IH10 at DeZavala.

http://www.gwrra-txh.org/

You are always welcome at any GWRRA function. We look forward to meeting you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts