GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those who have had this service, have you had any problems getting reimbursements.

Opinions on Honda Towing compares to GWRRA Rescue Plus would also be appreciated. TIA

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I have used them 3 times. twice for flats, once for an accident with a deer. Was towed all three times on a roll-off truck. I just signed the ticket and went on my way with no bill. Very happy with their service. With the Plus part they towed my trailer at no extra charge also.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
My only attempt to use Rescue Plus was a total failure. While I could pinpoint my location in Newcastle, WA exactly the person manning the phone in FL could find the location on any map she had access to. I ended up getting a flatbed tow from the Washington State Patrol in about 20 minutes after being stranded alongside a busy interstate from 4:30am to 8am.

I now have 4 options (WSP, AMA, Safeco M/C insurance, and Rescue Plus).

The only m/cyclist that stopped to provide assistance was a Bandito and he was a pretty cool guy to speak with.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have had towbusters for a few years and never had any problems. I have the family membership so my sons can use it too and they have certainly used it! Towing, locked out of the car, etc it's been great. Never had to tow the bike, only the cars and truck. :yes1:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Only used them one time, no problem. There was no reimbursement because I did not pay anything.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Only used them one time, no problem. There was no reimbursement because I did not pay anything.
Yep, you don't pay anything when you receive help. I've had nothing but success with it. Ironically it's always been with the vehicles, and not the bike when I needed help.

My Trailblazer wouldn't start so I had them tow it to the dealer. When the dealer quoted an outrageous price for replacing the starter I called Rescue Plus back and had them tow it back to my house so I could do the job. No problem.

The other uses where for when my kids locked their keys in the car, twice. I told my kids to pay more attention to what they're doing, and gave them that fatherly lecture. Then, about 2 weeks later I locked my own keys in the car. :oops:

Shhhhh, don't tell my kids. :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts