GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning Loren

GWTA has been in existence since 1987. We are smaller than GWRRA but have just as much fun. There are 2 chapters in Wisconsin and the possibility of another one ver soon. The chapters are in Fon du Lac and Eau Claire. The new chapter would be in the Milwaukee area.

Each chapter varies in what they like to do and age groups. The chapter I belong to in Nebraska has members from the early 30s to 60s and we all like to ride. I have a 2001 IR will just less than 50,000 miles on it. I soon will be the owner of a 2004 Candy Black Cherry.

There will be day passes available at Baraboo for people that do not want to register for the complete rally.

I am inviting you to come down to the rally and partake in the enjoyment and when you are at the rally, please find me so we can sit and talk.

Dave and Bump Willenborg
Chairman of the Board of Directors
Gold Wing Touring Association

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Dave, I'm from Lincoln and I work in Omaha. I'd be interested in seeing what type of rides/activities your GWTA chapter does. I'm always looking to meet new people and going on rides to places I've never been before. I currently belong to Rolling Plans MC club in Lincoln, they have some rides but not too active.

So if you have a web site or ride schedule you could send me, I might be interested in joining your chapter. There might be a GWTA chapter in Lincoln for all I know.

Thanks

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
dave, thanks for the answer right from the chairman himself. i have never been a member of any chapter or group of riders. i am gathering info and looking arround right now.

only 30 miles away, seems like a great chance to meet some folks and look arround.

if anyone has any questions about the baraboo area, i can help with them. feel free to have me track down your answers.

loren

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there, first off, hiya Dave!
Secondly, thanks everyone for your interest in GWTA. We are the Regional Directors for the midwest area of GWTA. We too would welcome you and anyone else that would like to check out Gold Rush in Baraboo WI to be sure to look us up and make introductions. We belong to the same local chapter that Dave does, we actually are located between Omaha and Lincoln. Check us out if you have a mind to.....we would love to meet you.

·
Registered
285 Posts
When do you expect to have info up on the Gold Rush site that could inform us of what we could expect if we were to attend? I'd be interested in guided and unguided, sport-touring oriented tours with interesting lunch stops specified, seminars on topics related to touring and sport-touring with the Wing, information about local squidly and scenic roads, and information about local attractions such as parks and hiking/nature trails. Any chance for anything like that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts