GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Bought 2

Bought 2 from a guy on this board for a extremely reasonable fee!! I believe he is in Texas just north of Ft. Worth. I will try to remember his name so you can contact him

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
BlueBill 03 said:
I bought mine at a Auto Zone. cheap... :D
I bought one at AutoZone cheap while on the road. Not much choice at 8:30pm on a Friday night. It was so cheap it was made in Korea.

We'll see how long it lasts.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Ibought mine from lewis at EC hellas at 7.00 a pc i think.

·
Registered
270 Posts
H7

I got mine from Wally World.

Hard to beat their prices.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I've used Silverstars in a Honda Prelude for a while and have gone thru two in about a year or so. Maybe that's not so bad....but they're about 19-20 dolars a piece. Could be dumb luick I guess...but I'm switching.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
steve s said:
I've used Silverstars in a Honda Prelude for a while and have gone thru two in about a year or so. Maybe that's not so bad....but they're about 19-20 dolars a piece. Could be dumb luick I guess...but I'm switching.
My Silverstars have been in my bike for 10 months so far; maybe your Qualude is got an over-amp problem or some dirty connectors? I'm sure you know better than to touch the bulb.
Call Lewis; he's got a few nice bulbs. And his Silverstars aren't the ones you get from WallyWorld...

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
Budweiser said:
Whats an H7 bulb?
Over here they are the bulbs for the headlights. H7 denotes the base and wattage.
I am not sure what is being used over your side of the pond for the 1800 headlights.

·
Registered
43 Posts
ronbien said:
Budweiser said:
Whats an H7 bulb?
Over here they are the bulbs for the headlights. H7 denotes the base and wattage.
I am not sure what is being used over your side of the pond for the 1800 headlights.
Standard bulbs then? So what do you guys pay for the brighter ones (sorry bit of a numpty on the tech side) hope you know what I mean!!

·
Registered
20,955 Posts
there have been plenty of reports of shortlife silverstar bulbs, hopefully they have done something to improve them

i use the Honda bulbs, suspect Honda may have demanded better quallity bulbs from thier supplier because my last set of low beams lasted over 60,000 miles, most of the previous sets didn't make it to 30,000

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
I put 2 Silverstar's on my '05 Wing and they went out within 3 months! Noticed it one dark morning at 6AM when all I had were my EC Platinum driving lights (thank God) and my high beams. But, I do like the light they produce!

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I have not had the best of luck with Silverstars. Gone through a couple of them in my bike. I replaced them in my van, which takes the old style rectanglur type and they both went out in about 6 months. I think I am going to go with Lewis's bulbs next.

Too answer your question I paid 28.00 for 2.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts