GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed a set of hals handle bar risers. cost about $ 15.

ill remind whom ever doesnt know, i am totaly afraid of messing things up when ever i wrench on the bike.

these went on without a problem once the display connector is taken apart. they fit well and the entire job was an hour includeing picking up the tools from the last half done project.

results were great, a test sit showed that i now have my back in the proper place right up against the utopia backrest--like it should be.

now as soon as my windshield gets here i can give it a proper test ride, since were haveing a 43 degree heat wave here.

loren

·
Registered
347 Posts
Greetings,

I'm ready to do the handlebar adjustment myself after experiencing 2 really good riding days and logging a couple of hundred miles.

The Utopia backrest helps a bunch, but I just really can't lean back into it without straining my arms.

There seem to be several choices of handlebar risers - the $14.88 set at Hal's as well as the more expensive MBL risers. The MBL states they not only lift but bring the bars closer to the rider. The $14.88 set states they lift "up and out".

Maybe the MBL risers are the choice, but for $60.00 less I'll consider the alternative.

What do ya'll think?

Rick Bailey
04 Candy Red

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
I use both at the same time. The MBLs are the better of the two IMHO. If you use both, you will have to replace one MBL bolt with a hexhead and it will rub when you lock the wheel. But for me, it's worth it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts