GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aka DUST STORM.

I love that word!

Anyway, the recent haboob was the biggest in 100 years according to the TV weather folks. A mile high, 50 to 100 miles wide (depending on which TV channel you watch) and winds 60+ mph.

And here in north Glendale, we got squat. Not complaining, but I didn't even know it occurred until the morning news. Hope none of you had any damage.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Sorry, but where were the TV people at in the 50's & 60's when this would happen 2 or 3 times a smmer? Nothing more than just another dust storm!

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Nothing like that here in SoAZ, but the storm that potentially instigated that thing hit down this way pretty good.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
although we didn't get it at my house, the film looked nothing different from the hundreds of them that used to occur in my childhood in Phoenix in the 60's. and 70's. Just don't see them as often now that the valley has been paved over for the most part.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Hit us good in BFE, lasted for over an hour. Vis went down to zero/zero. One of the longer lasting ones I've been in.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Dust Storms

Sorry, but where were the TV people at in the 50's & 60's when this would happen 2 or 3 times a smmer? Nothing more than just another dust storm!
Can't believe all the coverage these storms are getting. Used to sit out on the lawn and watch them roll in every summer as a kid. Helped the we lived up on a mountain. You can keep the the fancy word...I'll just call'em dust storms.:doorag:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts