GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was 61 deg this morning here in JACKSON CENTER , but raining, thought what the heck, lets ride to work, only live a mile away. In front of my house, the speed limit is 50 mph, 2 blocks away it is 35mph. So I pull out of my driveway, and a car is coming down the road, about 1/8th mile away, He makes a real grand production of slowing down and rides right up on my a$$. I am thinking OK maybe I might have pulled out a little early, but did not speed up. Get to the one and only stoplight here and this guy pulls up next to me in his BMW whatever car and proceeds to cuss at me. I tell him I am really sorry and I must not be as good as a a driver as he is. Then I say, you just proved something to me. He asks what is that. I tell him. THE PRICKS REALLY ARE ON THE INSIDE AREN'T THEY. He had no comment and passed on the right through the intersection. My question is, isn't that Illgal in most states?
Oh by the way, it was 45 and raing when I came home.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes they are. Would not pi$$ down there throats if there head was on fire.
But hey, thats just ME.
I was a parts guy in the Motorcycle Business for 25 years, Beemer riders were my worst nightmare. On the street, Beemer drivers are my second. Cell phone talker/drivers are my first. HMMMMMM same Huh?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Had a guy in a truck pass us in the snowy blizzard weather going too fast - I made the standard what a dumb a** comment...

Four seconds later he slammed into a curb/pole. Everyone seemed OK except he easily did several thousand in damage to his truck... (we're talking going 45 MPH in 15 MPH conditions)

Poetic Justice for Sure!

B

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aint 4 wheel drive just great?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Can't say I've had the same experience with Beemer riders.

I have 3 neighbors who ride them and they are the nicest folks you'd want to meet.

Had the pleasure of meeting a BMW rider on our lunch ride to Two Egg a few weeks ago. He was a great guy also.

The way I see it, there are jerks who ride or drive every brand. Unfortunately they are the ones who get all the "press".

Dep

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I'm no different on my Beemer than I am on my Wing.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
TkBowman said:
I'm no different on my Beemer than I am on my Wing.
OH Man! Tim, you know better than to leave yourself wide open with a statement like that.:roll: :lol:
Soooo...Tim, does this mean you're Mr. "GW great guy" or Mr. "BMW mean and nasty"??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
DC

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
A few of you guys are sure narrow minded to put all BMWriders in the same class just because of one idiot... but wait.. there are a few idiots on here too...
One of my best friends rides a BMW motorcycle... and my neighbor has a Beemer car.. and they are both nice folks...

cosmic

1 - 10 of 10 Posts