GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had lunch with Sheila Winnie and Tom Finch at our regular Thursday lunch today.

Sheila is passing through San Antonio and stopped to visit with Tom before she heads up to Fort Worth to see Fred Harmon for a valve check.

We had a great time talking with Sheila and hearing of her travels. She is a brave and determined woman.

I was surprised how similarly our bikes are equipped. We both have Traxxion suspension, Russell saddle, Revco hitch, and even the little Crescent wrenches we use as helmet hangers.

Good luck Sheila,
Len Ellis

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
She is one great and gutsy gal. Was a pleasure to meet her at the Biketoberfest luncheon. Now I know why she runs two GPS's too! :lol:

Shadow1
Hal

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
I knew her back when she was just getting started. I can't get her to look my way these days. :?

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
polecat if you were to get you some shoes she may give you a second look. A beautiful lady like her would look funny got out to eat with a man who has no shoes

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
It was a fun lunch, and some of the Bandera Sunday Morning Breakfast bunch from the long table were there. I wished Sheila's schedule permitted her to join us Sunday.

We were a little late leaving Spring Branch but made up all but one minute. I am warned that if there are tickets handed out, they are both mine. Sheila's bike sounds very good for its miles.

My 1800 is due out of deer strike repair tomorrow. I will have to admit the 1500 is still a very good ride, especially with 90 pounds of oil pressure. Absolutely silent.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Sheila,
Where are you miles wise and in what time frame? Still on track to do 120k in 12 months?

·
Road Warrior
1,323 Posts
79,000 :D Once I hit the hundred then I will stop posting where I am up to. After that I will post the final number on my end date.

It was a good lunch and then went to a couple of Honda dealers. Toms bike is coming along, they were emptying the gas tank to replace a cooling hose while we where there.

It was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sheila is a neet lady!
Met her in the Wisconsin Dells for the 1800 ride.
My wife & I had dinner with her on Friday night.
She sure has some great storys.
Safe riding & good weather to you Sheila.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts