GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my trike today at the dealer in Gorham, NH. They did the retrofit under the guidance of a CSC representative
Sent up here by the factory to train the dealership on retrofitting. Thankfully, my trike rear case was predrilled.

I knew instantly that it was a different trike when I pulled away from the dealer. It was smoother, much less whine and shifted the best it has ever shifter. No slamming.

At 80 mph there was absolutely NO vibration at all.

Funny, you do not know what you have missed out on until you change something else. I should have done it a few years ago.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Picked up my trike today at the dealer in Gorham, NH. They did the retrofit under the guidance of a CSC representative
Sent up here by the factory to train the dealership on retrofitting. Thankfully, my trike rear case was predrilled.

I knew instantly that it was a different trike when I pulled away from the dealer. It was smoother, much less whine and shifted the best it has ever shifter. No slamming.

At 80 mph there was absolutely NO vibration at all.

Funny, you do not know what you have missed out on until you change something else. I should have done it a few years ago.
Its odd how that works.
Glad u are enjoying the update.

·
Registered
321 Posts
:thumbup:
It seems that they have came out with a new model also and finally a decent size trunk.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
581 Posts
I think I can say;
I told you so!

Ken L.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I can say;
I told you so!

Ken L.
Yep, you and Beastie said it was the way to go. Totally different trike from the one I have been driving the past three years.
What was just as rewarding was the fact that since there in no play from the yoke setup the shifting is s m o o t h e r!!!! No more slamming into gear. As Krammer said on Steinfeld "I am out there and I'm lovin it!!!":joke:

I told Wilson how good this was and he is considering it as well.
Thanks for your advise Ken.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have an 08 Gw with the CSC Cobra

Unfamiliar with the conversion this thread is addressing. Can you fill me in?
If you have an '08 you are ok. CSC changed their drive line from an offset to a straight line sometime in June of '07 eliminating the need for the GL1500 yoke, which was the problem. Trike would vibrate a lot above 75mph. The yoke was a non greasable one and the design was poor at best. The yoke was know to disentergrate while driving causing lots of undercariage damage and possible injury.
You should be ok. Wish I had waited a year to buy mine.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Steven,
Re: yoke assembly, I understood that the yoke assembly is still there, perhaps at less of an angle. Perhaps others can address this matter. I'm still running the older angled drive so I speak from a "wealth of ignorance". So someone with the newer modification can look and see how the 1800CC engine output shaft is coupled to the CSC drive shaft.
BTW, congratulations on the mdification.

·
Registered
197 Posts
they updated the inline drive shaft in SPRING 2010 per my conversations with the factory when they built mine, had mine built at the factory in 4/10 and there was a change beginning around that time, I am sure you have the updated 2010 model of the drive line!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Steven,
Re: yoke assembly, I understood that the yoke assembly is still there, perhaps at less of an angle. Perhaps others can address this matter. I'm still running the older angled drive so I speak from a "wealth of ignorance". So someone with the newer modification can look and see how the 1800CC engine output shaft is coupled to the CSC drive shaft.
BTW, congratulations on the mdification.
As was stated in post before this one, it was updated but I am not sure how or what the connection is between the engine and the drive shaft. If anyone knows please chime in. Guess I should have asked but failed to do so.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts