GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my Goldwing in the Garage, cleaning her up after a ride.

My Daughter stopped by for a visit, bring with her my 2 year old Grandson.

When he saw my Wing in the garage he started jumping up and down (as only a 2 year old could), Pointing and yelling "Grandpaw Mo-Yo-Cy-ie" Then he reached down and patted my Helmet and stated "Grandpaw Mo-Yo-Cy-ie Hat!"!

It put a wonderful feeling in my heart, and a smile on my face!

I look forward to when he is big enough he can go for a ride!

Motorcycles and Grandsons... Life is good!

·
Registered
581 Posts
I know what your saying.I have 2 and they can't wait to go for a ride.One is 7 and the other 11.I'm taking the older boy for his first ride this summer.The 7 year old i'll take him in the Miatia untill he gets a bit bigger
Bill

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
What FUN for G-pa, huh Professor?

We have four g-kids right next door to us in Michigan and two more here in Georgia. The youngest is one, the oldest almost 10.
Ya know,... it's the two 'girls' (8 & 5) that are the most interested in mo-yo cylin'. he he he Lov it! :thumbup:
thecruiser

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Nothing like those "Mo-Yo-Cy-ie" moments. Too bad they are gone so fast. Enjoy every one of them. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Grandkids are about as cool as you can get.

Make a great memory when they are a little older. Take one on a week long bike trip, just you and him..the "guys" on their own on the road for a week. Let their imagination run wild as they explore the world out there with grampa and his motorcycle. Did that a couple of summers when my grandson was 12 or 13. One of the best experiences I have ever had and...something he will remember when pawpaw is long gone.

·
Registered
700 Posts
As the saying goes...If I knew Grandkids were going to be so much fun...I would have had them first...:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
The reason that grandkids and grandparents get along so well is that they have a common enemy.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
My wife and I would live to have some grandkids - but we're still waiting for our children to "get with it"! I am constantly amused by the fascination that young children show in motorcycles - and not just little boys. Even girls are obviously interested in them, but they are a little more subtle than boys in how they show their excitement. If the parents permit, I alway allow them to put their child on the back seat. I get a kick at the big smiles and wide eyes this causes - in BOTH the kids and the parents.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Helmet = "Grandpaw Mo-Yo-Cy-ie Hat!"!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I know that feeling too. When my grandniece was about 14 months old, she referred to my bike as "cyco"...at least I think she was referring to the bike and not me. :eek:4:

·
Registered
396 Posts
When my grandson was about 9 months old I put him in a papoose and strapped him to my chest. We went for our first MC ride together. He was totally thrilled with it. We just putted around in the small village I live in but he was hooked. Now at 3 y.o he sits in front of me with both hands on the tank area for support as we ride. He never comes to visit that he either goes for a ride or climbs himself up on it and makes vroom vroom noises. He has even learned to start it if I leave it in neutral. It wont be long he will know how to get it in neutral himself. He has also figured out the stereo on it and he likes the heavier rock, he likes it loud too:lol: When we ride now he is always shouting go fast papa, a quick twist of the throttle and he is a happy camper. Can't wait til he is old and big enough to take on some out of town and cross country trips.
His next birthday he will get his own mocycle to ride along with all the appropriate riding gear he will need for dirt riding.

The grand daughter wants nothing to do with it when it is running but she will climb up on it when it's dead and make her own vroom vroom noises.

Flame suit on but be forewarned I really don't give a sh1t what ya think and how dangerous you perceive my actions to be. The lil man is guaranteed to be a future rider with me as his papa and I will damn sure take him with me when he wants to go.

See you out there
Smokey

1 - 12 of 12 Posts