GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That does not sound to good. I have good tires now, metz front and a elite 3 rear but I am going to Mexico in December and will need tires by then. Hope Dunlop gets it in gear and delivers some of those round tires as the square ones are hard to balance.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
I ordered a Metz rear during the last sale, it arrived at my house even before the sale was over ... I can confirm now that a tire is round.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I ordered mine during the sale also. Got the rear within 5 days and the front yesterday. Metzler front and rear.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
During the sale I ordered an Avon front for a GL1800 and an Avon rear for a Valkyrie (that I'll put on my GL1800). I got the rear last week and will get the front Monday. I hate to be a master of the obvious here, but I'd think if you're concerned about tires/tire availability you might want to consider ordering a new pair when yours start looking a little thin rather than waiting until yours are so thin you can see the air inside. :shock: If you ride a lot, it's not a bad idea to keep an extra pair on hand so that if you ruin a tire you've got one you can put on right away and not have to worry about waiting for one. You might even want to buy that extra set the next time Hal has a sale. :wink: :) :D

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gary in Indiana,

I keep tires on hand. I just put my new ones on last week that I bought from Hal a little while back. So now I need 2 more sets to keep in the garage. I go through 3 to 4 sets of tires a year, 40,000 miles, so I am always buying tires. Of course this year I need 5 sets because I had a nail in a tire after only 1,500 miles.

Since Hal had made some comments in the last 3 months that tires where not available I thought I would ask the question before I place a new order. I all ready have a front elite 3 on back order for 2 months.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hey Travelman, You need to spoon on a set of Knobbys for the Mexico trip! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
20,947 Posts
i ordered a set of Metzlers on the labor day sale and left a note that i could wait if there was a shortage-ship to folks that need them now, both tires have been delivered so at least Metzlers must b available

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts