GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m not about to start a “which tire is better” thread. I’ve had the Metzler’s on order for quite a while now from Hal – the original equipment Dunlop’s are about wore out – thought I ordered the Metzler’s with time to spare. I realize this is a supplier not distributor problem.

Wondering when the Avon’s might be ready for shipment. Sure is a good looking tire as well. Maybe I can have some new skins quicker by forgetting the Metzler’s for now and trying the Avon’s. My plan was to wear our a set of the Metzler’s and then give Avon a try – maybe it will work the other way around.

Hal - any feel for availability of either brand?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Craig,
I don't know what to tell you about the Avons, but I can tell you that the new Metzelers are due in within a week or 2. This is per Jeff at Metzeler. I was one of the test bikes for Metzeler regarding the wobble. They have slightly redesigned the tire to alleviate the wobble. I spoke with Jeff 2 weeks ago, and he said that the new tires are due in by the end of December. I am not sure how fast Hal get's them from the main distributor. I am waiting for the new tires as well. I hope it is soon, however, due to the weather that we have been having lately, I don't see myself doing too much riding soon.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cbones - I feel for ya..

I personally went for a nice little 200+ mile spin today – here in Central GA the weather was around 55° and clear sky – perfect ridding weather in my humble little opinion!! I’ve heard “a couple weeks” a couple of times now – starting to wonder.

If I do have a problem, will it take months to get a replacement? Just wondering.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Avons Coming

The Avons go into production next week in th UK and they should start hitting US dealers in six to eight weeks.

H

·
0 Posts
All I can add is that we have a bunch of both on order and we only believe the dates they give us when the tires arrive at our warehouse.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Metz Delivery

I have been waiting for a replacement front tire for a couple months now. Bought from Hal, and reported pretty serious wobble to Jeff. He asked for some specifics on tires, and then asked for a local dealer to work the replacement thru here in DFW area. He thought it would be December before I received the replacement. Well, here we are. Will have to check with and see what latest delivery prediction is.
I am very happy with the tires, other than the decelerating wobble. Seems to be getting worse. Now have about 3K on the tires. If wobble gets corrected, I'll stay with Metz for the life of the bike. JMHO
Howard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts