GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
I have called them 3 times on the last 24 hours

They keep telling me that I need to talk to Jaff Johnson. Every time I call they put me through to his voice mail. 3 messages left & still no reply. They tell me he is in. 2 Weeks ago they said by the end of February they would be in. I just don't buy any thing they say any more.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Tater, Metzler JUST called me.

The tires shipped out last week & are on there way to the U.S.. He said they should clear customs by the end of the month. Then they will ship them out as fast as they can. OK, here is the skinney. There is NO change in either construction or design. What has changed is the quality control & the way they do there QC. Jeff Johnson said they tried several different changes & each time they came back to the first one. Hope this helps.

G

·
Here is the latest update. 200 of the fronts arrived at the Metzeler warehouse in North Carolina this morning. They were air shipped from Germany. 150 of them are being sent by truck to our Sunrise, FL warehouse so I hope we get them by Thursday and we will get them shipped out.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Bluewing, I too have left a message for Jeff at Metzler. Also no return call. Maybe we could just put our messages here on the board for all to see- then call Metzler and tell the receptionist to inform Jeff that he can view all his messages/questions/problems on the board. Maybe he would call then. Got little bumps left of center tread like cupping but seems a little different and more subtle than what I'm familiar with. Since about 5000 miles wobble started and is much worse now at 7000. Maybe one of these new ones will solve this.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Jeff at Metzler

With one exception every call I've made to Metzler's support-line was returned. Jeff Johnson called me back last week to advise essentially what Hal's pointed out; "they've shipped a supply of ME880's to the U.S." I suspect volume of calls might be a factor, however, I'm not making excuses for them, just relating my experience.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Call returned

Jeff called me 2 days ago and was very helpful. They seem to be really trying to take care of their customers-just been very busy with the volume I guess. It's been costing them a lot I expect, but will gain loyalty to their brand and service.
Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts