GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally hit my half a million mile mark for total m/c miles ridden.
It's taken me 20.5 years and 9 bikes; did it after the Chapter GA-D Stewpot gathering on Saturday (hit the mark in Ellijay, GA).
I'll check back in at the full million, maybe in the year 2028 or so.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JP3 said:
Congrats - that is quite an achievement. So is keeping track of every mile ....
I just remember how many miles are on the bike when I trade it in or total it...
Most reliable bike so far was my '81 CB750-C that went 186,000 miles before I got run over on it.

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,701 Posts
Congrats, ABB. Good job.

Stay safe.....let all the future bikes be trades and not totals!

Bob E.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I have no idea how many miles I put on my first three Wings, over 17 years. I'm pretty sure it was nowhere near half a mil, however. The last 32,000 miles on my 1800 have been awesome, however. Congrats!

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I like to think I'm kinda, maybe organized, but to keep track of miles ridden for that long seems a bit...well...unique. Betcha know where you were when you heard Elvis died...

I have no idea how many I've ridden in the past 36 years (took a 20 year hiatis), I'll say 142,245 and go from there.

Congrats on your total though, quite the milestone. :1st:

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Our m/c club gives out high-mileage awards yearly. I added mine up since joining in 1982 and came up with just over 250,000. I guess I better ride more and try and catch up. :lol:

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
Congrats, Bill...it took me about 4 years to put a half million miles on the big truck back in my trucking days...I put about 5k on the trike in the first 4 months I had it, but then again, I had pneumonia for awhile there...put over a thousand on the Vulcan in the first couple weeks, but I've been working a lot...imagaine what we all could do if we could ride as much as we wanted?! I put 10K on the Towncar in three months also...guess I'm in perpetual motion...I am truly one of the obsessed riders...I would be riding right now...well heck, I'm going for ride...

·
Registered
128 Posts
That is a lot of driving! I thought I drove a lot!

I kept the speedometers as a trophy from all except one of my previous motorcycles. So it was easy to add up the mileage- just run down the basement and have a look at them. Adds up to 571,000km (quite a bit less than half a million miles - and it has taken since 1972 to get to this total!).

Luckily so far, no wrecked bikes.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
azblackbird said:
Did you get your patch? :wink:
The GWRRA does have one; I have the 450,000 patch, as twisted as that sounds.

I always kept a log book for my bikes; service, alterations, farkles, significant trips, etc. I lost the books after Hurricane Andrew for my early bikes and my wife has thrown the others away...
I guess I started keeping track the first year I had a bike when I realized I had put 30,000 miles on it. That's when my cousin Cathy started calling me "Arn Butt"; it was a stock KZ550...

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Toyo said:
Lets add to that this weekend.
Dude,
I have to lead the pack of Harley's to the Carolina Smokehouse on Saturday morning from Canton; are you coming? It should be, ahem, amusing...
Paul had said he was coming but I'm not sure that he remembers.
We're meeting at the gas station by Ryan's and also at the gas station on 53 @ Steve Tate Road (good spot for you). I have to get the times from Mirtes.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Yea, you mentioned that about 6 months ago. You have to remind us old people of these things. Let me know what time you will be at 53. I will see if I can make it. How many bikes are there?

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Don't tell me that a "pack of Harleys" are gonna let a wing lead them somewhere.

I hate it that you'll have to go so slow! :lol:

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
You're right, AGAIN, :oops: I didn't forget the ride but was not aware it was this Saturday.

Yes, amusing is the reason I agreed to ride tailgunner and, of course, to give you a radio in the rear. I'll certainly not forget my earplugs either. :lol:

Haven't checked with my bride yet, but should be good to go. What time for Ryan's?

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
trialsman said:
Yes, amusing is the reason I agreed to ride tailgunner and, of course, to give you a radio in the rear. I'll certainly not forget my earplugs either. :lol:

Haven't checked with my bride yet, but should be good to go. What time for Ryan's?
I just checked with Mirtes; 0745 at the BP station by Ryan's with a full belly, full tank, empty bladder and 0830 at the Chevron station at 53 & Steve Tate.
Quick driver's meeting at both locations.
Tailgunner and mid-tailgunner with a radio will help. None of them have electrics, that I know. I think that 2 of them are on Ultras and might have a cb. A couple of them went to Sturgis so they're not all totally inexperienced.
Oh, Lord, the things I'll do for a free lunch. Meyn America is buying the lunch, by the way.

Do you want to use Mirtes' vest for Joy?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts