GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just acquired a spare rear rim . Now I have to get a tire. I just not sure where to get one tire. would it be cheaper to order off the net or go to a tire store. I have already lined up a shop that will mount my tire I just have to get one. I am also not sure witch one to try first. Hoping you guys could steer me the right way to the dark side.

Thanks Pete

·
DSI Keeper
9,159 Posts
If you give an idea what your riding style is, we surely can point you in the right direction. Choosing either of these two runflats will serve you well.

Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 195/55/16
Yokohama AVID ENVigor ZPS 195/55/16

This tire is getting decent reviews also, so I will throw it in the mix

Pirelli Cinturato P1 LRR 195/55/16

Good luck and welcome to the darkside! :yes1:

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
If you give an idea what your riding style is, we surely can point you in the right direction. Choosing either of these two runflats will serve you well.

Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 195/55/16
Yokohama AVID ENVigor ZPS 195/55/16

This tire is getting decent reviews also, so I will throw it in the mix

Pirelli Cinturato P1 LRR 195/55/16

Good luck and welcome to the darkside! :yes1:
I haven't tried the Pirelli yet but I have used/using the other 2 and they should work for you. YMMV

·
Registered
2,479 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Darkside

Good luck with your choice of tires. There are several that you will be happy with. As you put on the miles you will understand why there are so many of us on the roads. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

·
Registered
374 Posts
​I just got (and mounted) my Alpin from Tire Rack; about $145 to my door in just a couple of days. Good folks to deal with.

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,944 Posts
Well most of my long traveling will be on the free ways. I haven't done a lot of twisties and my wife doesn't like them at all and I live in florida . thanks for the help in tire type and web site I'll be checking them out soon

Pete

I believe any of the three would be just fine. I have only ran the Alpin and the Yoko. With the information you have given I would recommend the Alpin. I think the Alpin gives a little softer, smoother ride. But I am running the Yoko at this time because it handles better for me when I want to play hard in the twisties.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Can't go wrong with any of the above suggestions. The main thing is to get the safer Run Flat version of whatever tire you decide on. Enjoy the ride. :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts