GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Just wondering if anyone else is sharing in my frustration. I ordered a set of Haloz for my 2008 GL1800 from Electrical Connections several months ago. I waited patiently for quite some time while they were on backorder. When I finally received them the box looked like it had been trampled by a herd of buffalo and soaked in water. After waiting all that time I let them dry out and installed them. However several of the LEDS would not light.
I contacted them by phone and spoke with Lewis who assured me they would get a replacement set out to me at which time I would ship back the defective/damaged set.
However I have been waiting and waiting but still no lights. I did receive an e-mail over a month ago stating that they were waitng on parts. Since then I have sent e-mails and left messages inquiring as to when I might expect to receive my lights but have received no reply.
I love their products and have never had such an issue with them before. However I am quickly becoming frustrated with them over this issue. So anyone else out there with similar luck??
Just woindering........:shrug:

·
Registered
528 Posts
At least you got yours. After waiting since April for a set that never came I finally gave up and cancelled my order. To those that are wondering, yes I called EC at least 4 times and spoke to someone. In addition, Wingstuff also pulled them from their website.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
I ordered mine in Feb. and got them in June. I was it touch with EC and was told that they were having trouble getting parts from their supplier. They offered to refund my money(paid with paypal) but I chose to let it ride. IMHO they are worth the wait. I think they are still having supply problems which is why WS dropped the item. They had office problems at the same time so call and speak to Louis to straighten it out.

·
Registered
19,057 Posts
I had a set on order for 6 weeks and was told they were waiting on a part also. I went another direction away from LEDs

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad to hear I am not alone but sorry to hear it at the same time. I have always been a fan of their products and love the look of the Haloz. Just would like to have a working set.
Guess I will keep trying the phone and e-mails. Maybe I will eventually get mine.
Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well just thought I would post an update. I received my replacement HALOZ from Lewis at Electricl Connections in Fridays mail. Got them installed Saturday. They look great and the install is a snap! I would say they are definitely worth the wait!!!

A big thanks to Lewis and everyone at Electrical Connections!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
pic's????

·
Registered
654 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pic's????
had not thought about pics. Will try and take a couple to post. My favorite feature is the fact that wjile riding down the road they are a nice clean bright white. Then when you signal a turn the white led's are cancelled on that side and the amber leds are activated and flash with the turn signal. once turn signal is cancelled the amber leds are off andf the white leds are enabled. So they not only look great but add some safety up front as well. You can see some pics on their website in the meantime at http://www.electricalconnection.com/other-lighting/haloz.htm

Have a great week!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Had mine on in April. Love them HALOZ, they look sharp.:thumbup:

From the Land of Ice and Fire
Eagleman

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yeah, I ordered a GW tank bag in January and received it in June!!

Steve

·
Registered
180 Posts
Steve.....that was when we replaced our front office person. We apparently we dropping a lot of balls that I was not aware of. My apologies for the extended delay.
So Lewis, are the HALOZ now available for shipping or is there still a significant delay?

·
Misinformed Member
2,272 Posts
I don't want to hijack this thread but if you are still watching this thread, Lewis, are the grip heaters available now? I ordered some in Feb and haven't heard anything lately. To tell the truth I forgot about them.:oops:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Thanks Lewis, I love the tank bag. I hope things smooth out for you, especially when you get a HOT item that everyone wants. Good Luck.

Steve

1 - 15 of 15 Posts