GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leanne and I are meeting our daughter for lunch tomorrow in Black River Falls. Does anyone know a good place to go for a good hamburger. Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Not a clue , how about Mexican ? If so I can look but I think it's Cinco De Mayo

·
Crazy Northerner
8,622 Posts
There is a place if I remember it is The Orange Moose bar and grill. There is a Best Western right near it with a big orange moose by a pond. They have really good burgers with my favorite being The Black Jack Burger I think it was called. It was Cajun style with sour cream bacon and scallions. Been awhile so not sure of the name, but I remember it was good. and Nancy has something else every time we stop there. They have a really grilled chicken breast sandwich. They were a bit pricey. burger was like $7.50 and chicken a buck less. This was maybe 4 years ago that we were there last, so may not even be there now.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Yes your both correct
RePetes and the orange moose does both serve burgers . Been many years since I ate at either though .
I do also remember the orange moose being terribly high for portion size but it was good .

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
The link below has all of the restaurants in Black River Falls (I believe). I enjoy the TripAdvisor and Urban Spoon websites, as they are based solely on customer reviews. Really good websites when you are a Ride Coordinator.

Enjoy your burger in Black River Falls. It also sounds like a place I may need to ride to in the near future...

- David

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g59710-Black_River_Falls_Wisconsin.html

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Yes your both correct
RePetes and the orange moose does both serve burgers . Been many years since I ate at either though .
I do also remember the orange moose being terribly high for portion size but it was good .
Orange Moose ain't bad, been back in my ATV/dirt bike days last time I've ate there. There's a Perkins right there also. When I stayed a lot in the area, I'd eat at the bar in Prey. They had a killer fish fry on Friday nights. I think everybody in Jackson county was there, about a six beer wait. Next morning I would ride up there from camp in Crawford Hills on the dirt bike and have the Biscuits & Gravy for breakfast.:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Orange Moose ain't bad, been back in my ATV/dirt bike days last time I've ate there. There's a Perkins right there also. When I stayed a lot in the area, I'd eat at the bar in Prey. They had a killer fish fry on Friday nights. I think everybody in Jackson county was there, about a six beer wait. Next morning I would ride up there from camp in Crawford Hills on the dirt bike and have the Biscuits & Gravy for breakfast.:thumbup:
How did we not meet prior to our goldwings ? This sounds like my exact itinerary on weekends 10 years ago . I camped in Crawford hills ATV campgrounds so many times I knew almost all riders by first names . Boy we would make campfires so big we could see the entire camping sites like sunlight .

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. We ended up at the Orange Moose. Leanne had a chicken sandwich, Sara had a burger, and I had a pulled pork sandwich. All were very good. Thanks George for the suggestion. We will be going back.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. We ended up at the Orange Moose. Leanne had a chicken sandwich, Sara had a burger, and I had a pulled pork sandwich. All were very good. Thanks George for the suggestion. We will be going back.
Easy to find though hu ?

·
Crazy Northerner
8,622 Posts
How did we not meet prior to our goldwings ?

Don knew enough to avoid you back then. Seems he has lost the survival instinct of late....LOL;)

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Don knew enough to avoid you back then. Seems he has lost the survival instinct of late....LOL;)
That explains a few things really . Good observation :thumbup:

·
Crazy Northerner
8,622 Posts

All three things are great. I have had them all. The pulled pork is very tasty. We may have to stop there next time we run through the forest land heading to the cut Ken.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
How did we not meet prior to our goldwings ? This sounds like my exact itinerary on weekends 10 years ago . I camped in Crawford hills ATV campgrounds so many times I knew almost all riders by first names . Boy we would make campfires so big we could see the entire camping sites like sunlight .
Did a lot of day trips up there, back when gas was cheap. I had Fridays off, so I'd try to get there as early as I could Friday morning. Usually by the time dusk came round I rode that 110 mile loop of trails and then some and I was beat. And I usually had a party to go to in Maplewood, anyways. But I camped a few dozen times there I bet. I think it was 2002, I did like 12 weekends in a row down there on my 660cc Raptor.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All three things are great. I have had them all. The pulled pork is very tasty. We may have to stop there next time we run through the forest land heading to the cut Ken.
So much meat in the pulled pork that I had to eat it with a fork.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts