GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything I can do to fix a hand brake switch that is not working? Or should I just take it in?
Thanks in advance.

:yw1: :xmas1:

·
Chard Member
13,225 Posts
You might be able to clean it with some contact cleaner Tom. I've had two replaced, so I don't think the switches are that great.

I would go ahead and let the dealer replace it, maybe you will get a good one next time!

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
brake switch

I rode all summer with a bad brakelight switch on the hand brake i had it replaced late summer under warranty. JD

·
Registered
837 Posts
I went ahead and had mine replaced last summer too. I probably could have cleaned it, but it should have gone a lot longer before having this problem. I figure that if Honda replaces enough of them....well you know the story.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Tom, If you take ah good close look at th 2 little plungers ( i think 1 is th brake lite & 1 is th cruise cancel) under th front brake lever you might see somethin clogged in em preventing them from movin in & out when th lever is moved. WD-40 & ah toothpick will usually clean out th debris & git th plungers freed up movin normally agin. This happened ta me on th road last year, after i cleaned th junk out from around th plungers, th brake light started ta work normally & i've had no more problems with it after that. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
21,341 Posts
used the WD40 on sticky switches on my 1500 and it worked great! Had sticky switch on the 1800 and the WD40 didn't help much, had the switch replaced under warranty for free ...problem solved. I guess the results vary depending on the actual cause of the problem.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sticky switch..

Thanks everyone, I think I will take it in an have it fixed.

:yw1: :xmas1:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts