GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay I'm Al and my GL 1800 ABS is in a crate at the dealership :) The hand (mirror) wind deflectors made by Baker and Tulsa intrest me. Does any one have an opinion on the preformance of either or both.

Thanks
AL

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
You'll get positive inputs on both...

...however, I have the Baker Air Wings and Handwings (also have the leg Wings). Definitely creates a larger pocket of calm air for both rider and passenger. I like the handwings as I can adjust them to bring in cool air also. Have the Dark Smoke and they look quite nice with the Pearl Orange.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
I have the Tulsa. They are adjustable[even though Alan from Tulsa says no] and I run them backwards because my wife says it works better for her. They can be turned sideways for air to come in. I've never used Bakers, but my guess is that they let more air in when turned sideways. I would say most here prefer Bakers. Tulsas are easy to install. Tape mirror in place, remove screw, screw in Tulsas, remove tape. You can't go wrong with either IMHO. :s27:

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
got baker set up, happy. my wing is silver, got the light tint. think the dark tint would stand out more noticable and not blend in as well.

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
I have the Tulsa mirror wings. They cut down the air on my wife when she is on the bike

During the warmer months here in AZ I had the wings moved away from the rubber grommet of the mirror. This allowed air to come in onto me

·
Registered
788 Posts
I've tried both the Tulsa and the Baker. I settled on the Baker because they did a better job of keeping rain and wind off my hands in foul weather. The Tulsa seem to only keep the top half of the hand weather free.

·
Registered
533 Posts
They are great

The Baker Mirror Wings will be the best $40 you put into your new ride. They are one of two aftermarket additions that I have made in the past year (the other being a luggage rack). I try to avoid any added stuff, but these were a good choice to break my pattern.

The Mirror wings will keep your hands warm in the winter, both you and the co-rider cool in the summer and they are great for rain water protection.

No kidding, they work way better than I expected.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:lol: Well I ordered my Baker Hand Wings this morning and they should be here by monday. I want to thank you for your valuable input :chat: , and I now feel as thoe I have made an informed decision :1st: .

Again Thanks.
AL...California

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think they are great. My wife (passenger) likes them even more that I do. I have the Tulsa but I'm sure Baker mirror wings do a good job as well. Get'm ..... you'll like them!

Harvey

1 - 9 of 9 Posts