GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you please tell me what the difference is between the two risers listed below? Besides price. :?: :?:
Thanks

Big Bike Parts Billet Handle Bar Riser for the GL1800. Raises Handle Bar 1.5" at Grip

Retail Price: $19.95
Our Price: $17.95

MBL-GL18Risers
NEW! MBL handlebar adapter for the GL1800. Raises handlebars 3/4" and brings them back towards the rider 1 1/2". Complete with new hardware, uses stock wiring and hoses. FREE SHIPPING.

Our Price: $76.95

·
Registered
267 Posts
Both do the same job. Difference is in the material they are made from. I bought the BBP, east install and work well. saved a few dollars to spend elsewhere.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Risers

Can't tell you about the Big Bike risers. But the MBL risers bring the handlebars up and back to you. It allows short arm people to be able to sit back in the seat. Hope this helps.

kat
2003 Candy Red

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
I have both on mine at the same time. The BBPs are a wedge that lifts the bars up and maybe a little closer to you. The MBLs lift them up and out and bring the grips closer together which also brings them closer to you. I am 6'2" and use them since I have a Diamond Seat that takes me up an inch and back two. I love 'em. Using both means substituting a hex bolt for two of the MBL bolts and the handlebars do scrape and lift the speedometer casing when you lock the wheel parked, but no problems that concern me. If I only got one, I would get the MBLs, but each to his own.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts