GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a little help regarding handle bars. I’m told there are kits to move the bars in, up, and back. Does anyone know which is best and what’s involved in the installation?
Thanks,
Rocket

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've not used any, but DDKing will be along shortly, I'm sure, with a full complement of stuff. I think one of the makers is MBL and I think Hal's got 'em.

Glenn.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I used MBL's, but haven't had a lot of riding with them; maybe a couple hundred miles (the weather, you know), and I liked them so far. Some guys use them backwards, and some use them in combination with a 'cheaper' set. I'm sure they will chime in shortly (as opposed to longly).

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
I bought mine from VP Accessories. Cost was $16.95 for the aluminum ones.

I'm pleased with the 'feel' of the risers. I guess others have installed them in various ways with various results. I went for the straight-forward install. Maybe I'll play around with them someday, but I'm too busy with other projects on the bike.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I have used and installed two different sets. First one, the plastic kind worked sorta ok...moved the bars a little up and back..but not by much. Second set...the MBL'S did the trick....moved the bars back, up and closer together. for me, the bars are now perfect. Piece of cake to install, no rerouting of cables or anything like that. MBL'S are all metal..a very quality product. They work great for me!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Believe I got the same as Hedoman, $17 made the ride reasonable. Was stretching before. I am happy, the mbl restyles the bars back and creates other varible issues from stock.

·
Registered
441 Posts
MBL is what I used. Great!! Took a bunch of the sholder pain out and let me lean back a little bit more. Now, a backrest...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Risers

I love my MBL Risers. They allow me to sit back in the seat better and don't get the neck and shoulder pain anymore. You can see them on this site : http://www.mblinnovations.com/ Good luck with what ever you decide.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I had the V&P installed on my bike since they came out. I was happy with them. I recently purchased the MBL's and installed them. I haven't had the chance to give them a long hard testyet but I can tell they will work very well for me. I have a Corbin seat on my bike and I can now lean the backrest back further and still be comfortable. I like them so far. The install was very easy and well documented. This is my opinion as someone who spent a great deal of time looking for comfort on the Wing. I'm 6'3" tall and am more comfortable now than ever before.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I had the V&P installed on my bike since they came out. I was happy with them. I recently purchased the MBL's and installed them. I haven't had the chance to give them a long hard testyet but I can tell they will work very well for me. I have a Corbin seat on my bike and I can now lean the backrest back further and still be comfortable. I like them so far. The install was very easy and well documented. This is my opinion as someone who spent a great deal of time looking for comfort on the Wing. I'm 6'3" tall and am more comfortable now than ever before.

·
Registered
168 Posts
MBL Wrist Position

With the MBL risers bringing the ends of the bars in, do you guys that have them find any cramp of the wrist? I find the stock position of the bars perfect for my wrists. I do have to lean forward to get to the bars however. Is the wrist position as comfortable as stock?
My next purchase was to be a set of MBL's if I get this question answered.
Thanks
Allan

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Re: MBL Wrist Position

paupton said:
With the MBL risers bringing the ends of the bars in, do you guys that have them find any cramp of the wrist? I find the stock position of the bars perfect for my wrists. I do have to lean forward to get to the bars however. Is the wrist position as comfortable as stock?
My next purchase was to be a set of MBL's if I get this question answered.
Thanks
Allan
Some have complained about this but they are few and far between. I've noticed that my hands are in the same position related to my wrists as they were before. It puts them on the grips differently, but has been absolutely no problem. One of the things that makes a big difference is the Trottlerocker allowing my right hand more flexibility.

THROTTLEROCKER

·
Registered
759 Posts
paupton...that is an individual thing...for me....i am more comfortable in all areas using the mbl risers....for some others maybe not...gotta try em yourself and find out. no more back pain, no neck strain...can sit back in the saddle and be more comfortable against my backrest...wish I had done it 23,000 miles ago...but oh well. try em..you will like em....if not..send em to me...lol.

·
Registered
57 Posts
paupton- Ditto on what Robert said. MBL works great for me. Seems a minor change, but sure made a big difference. :D :D :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts