GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are getting ready to have our '05 Wing triked by Champion. We chose Champion due to local dealer representation (they are essentially the only game in town here in So Cal) and the large trunk size.

I've got a question regarding the EZ steer. Am I correct in assuming that installing the EZ steer (4.5 degrees) will bring the handlebars further back towards the rider? I already installed the reg risers which brought my handlebars about 1-1/2" further back. Will the EZ steer bring them even further back?

Thanks!
Doug

I

·
0 Posts
I have EZ Steer and I noticed no difference in bar position. The only difference in stock triple trees and raked ones is the angle (or trail) of the forks.

You're gonna love it.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I had Reg Riser installed before having EZ-Steer installed and haven't noticed any difference.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi Doug,
I have the Reg risers and EZ-steer. If EZ-steer brings it back it is not by much. What I found is on the trike you need to be closer to the bars than on a 2 wheeler. On a 2 wheeler there really is little steering input, just a little counter steer and the bike should drop right in. On the trike you need to steer it.

If you do not want to wait for the kit, I have a 2002 Illusion Blue Champion Trike with every option I am going to put up for sale soon. Kit installed at the Champion Factory.

Cheers,
Jill

·
Registered
108 Posts
The EZ Steer changes the fork (rake) angle and tips the whole system back a smidgeon - no other difference. Don.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts