GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of the lights that illuminate the text on my handlebar switches are burnt out. I have been checking other bikes and noticed that many if not most have some lights that are not working. I don't need them but I am one of those types that think everything should be functioning. However I don't feel like spending the money (I think $8 each is the price from Hal) if they are just going to fail quickly. So what's the wisdom of the list, is it a waste of time or are there those among you with 200,000 miles and all lights still work? I have the extended warranty but have not yet found a dealer that says any lights are warranty items. So being as how Honda has never really defined what is and is not a warranty item I will just replace them myself.

2004 ABS 80k miles

·
Registered
818 Posts
I have an 05 and the rt switch lts went out after 54000 miles. Not all at once ,but I don't ride much at night.Ordered the 4 lights from Hal and i think it cost approx $28.00 with shipping.Not too difficult to change but it was time consuming. Now I notice that some are out on the left side of fairing on the control pad for headlight adjuster/hazard lts/rear shock adj.Parts fiche shows 5 lts in this area. May tackle this at a later date as the weather is better now and its time to ride.Good luck with your project.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
almost 96,ooo miles - some lights are currently out -- I have the ext warranty. FULLY COVERED. Your timing is perfect, the replacement parts just came in.

Still on stock high beam headlights, front turn signals, rear turn signals, brake / tail lights, trunk lights. These bulbs last far longer than I thought they would.

Honda does not replace the bulbs, they replace the entire switch assembly.

They are replacing BOTH right and left switch assemblies, non-functional hazzard switch, and the right passenger cubbie hole aka pocket. (Under passenger right arm.) ALL under warranty.

·
Registered
19,052 Posts
05 I checked mine are working as of now

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
YEAH!!!:agree:

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Honda does not replace the bulbs, they replace the entire switch assembly.

They are replacing BOTH right and left switch assemblies, non-functional hazzard switch, and the right passenger cubbie hole aka pocket. (Under passenger right arm.) ALL under warranty.
If you can talk the boys into giving you back the old ones, some of us poorer and out of warranty folks might be able to use an extra start switch, reverse switch, cruise switch --- you get it.

However, I think they need to ship the bad ones back to Honda for proof.

I'm looking for a stock key surround - the badge that goes around the ign key. I know some have carbon fiber and some have match painted ones..... I'm hoping somebody has one left lying around they'd part with for shipping.....

AD HERE

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts