GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for a ride today. I have a 2002, I noticed my radio is stuck on AUX and I can't control the volume from my handle bar... volume works fine on radio.. Anybody got any ideas??
thanks
Tracy

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Push the Aux button about 100 times. Blow it down with compressed air, spray contact cleaner on it.

Lay a block of wood on it, gently tap it with a hammer.

If none of that works, you have to take it apart.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would that cause the volume control not to work on the bars?

Push the Aux button about 100 times. Blow it down with compressed air, spray contact cleaner on it.

Lay a block of wood on it, gently tap it with a hammer.

If none of that works, you have to take it apart.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Would that cause the volume control not to work on the bars?
Actually not sure about the volume control situation. But if the aux button is stuck down it will not let the radio fully function. Sometimes not even work.

When it comes to radios ...........hey........I can deal with the stuck button and even take it apart. But understanding electronic circuits in radios, never was any good at that.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Check your radio buttons. One of them might be stuck down. Sometimes a grain of sand will get behind one of them and it will stick down. Hope this makes sence.
James

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FIXED!
I put a backrest on the bike the other night and the intercom switch on one side was pushed in... all buttons now working.. volume controls on handlebars even working. I even got my cruise control switch unstuck.. not that I really cared about that.. :)
Thanks guys...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have the same problem

I think it is due to lack of use and corrosion. Living in a costal community, the salt air is everywhere. I use a plastic safe contact cleaner and the switches always come back to life after a bit of mashing. For me, it has become a part of normal maintenance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts