·
Vendor
16,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like this guy gets an "I told you so !!!"

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Look at the black line on the yellow... has nothing to do with wonky, but everything to do with a lame attempt at grandstanding for the camera...

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Did he make it?

I have pictures of us on The Dragon where I have floorboards over the double yellow and about an inch from scraping but I was able to see through the rest of the turn and into the next and knew no one was coming and also knew I could stand it up in less than a second if necessary.

·
Vendor
16,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
To me that looks like a car tire, and they handle wonky in situations like that. I've heard Mr. Cain, who was the fastest 5th gen rider there, talk about coming into a curve to fast and sliding though on his engine guard and loosing rear traction and then telling about having to regain control by shifting weight to get the rear tire's contact patch to touch again to gain control again before sliding into the dirt. Anyway, I wonder how wonky a situation like that would be running a car tire.

In either case I'll be the rider stained his undies.

Just found out on FB, that he did have a CT, his contact patch did leave the pavement, and he crashed ... wonky !!!

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
I would say that any tire that will maintain traction enough to get far enough over to scrape hard parts and lift the tire off the ground was doing a good job. Any tire can't maintain traction if you get it off the ground. What I see here is a failure to maintain control. I would say caused by rider skill not tire to pavement friction. JMHO

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
To me that looks like a car tire, and they handle wonky in situations like that. I've heard Mr. Cain, who was the fastest 5th gen rider there, talk about coming into a curve to fast and sliding though on his engine guard and loosing rear traction and then telling about having to regain control by shifting weight to get the rear tire's contact patch to touch again to gain control again before sliding into the dirt. Anyway, I wonder how wonky a situation like that would be running a car tire.

In either case I'll be the rider stained his undies.

Just found out on FB, that he did have a CT, his contact patch did leave the pavement, and he crashed ... wonky !!!
That guys name is Willy Makit.........

Seriously though....he did make it and did not crash. The entire sequence of photos is in the Dragon thread over at ADVRider including the ones of him going in and coming out of it. That is where this picture originated before being posted all over Facebook.

·
Vendor
16,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
C'mon guys, he's fishing. Don't take the bait!
If I were fishing, I would have posted this on the General Forum, so it could be moved to the CT forum.

In this case I'm providing real examples of the dangers of running a CT on a m/c !!! Although this guy is way out of control in many ways, really fast riders up there will change their lean to gently place their airborne tire's contact patch back onto the pavement. Imagine trying to do that with the sharp edge of a CT !!!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
You say he crashed, Bullitt says he didn't. Just like every other Darkside debate, there are detractors and protectors.

Regardless, NO ONE FORCES ANYONE OVER TO THE DARKSIDE.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Just like I have run energy conserving oil and every additive known to man in my bike, and are now experimenting with non- detergent oil ( because I don't give a crap about this 01 with 233,000), clutch works perfect, and shifts better than ever when it should be spent according to you.WRONG again,sorry.

·
Registered
680 Posts
If I were fishing, I would have posted this on the General Forum, so it could be moved to the CT forum.

In this case I'm providing real examples of the dangers of running a CT on a m/c !!! Although this guy is way out of control in many ways, really fast riders up there will change their lean to gently place their airborne tire's contact patch back onto the pavement. Imagine trying to do that with the sharp edge of a CT !!!
P.P.S.I,are your friend.

·
IronMan
17,162 Posts
IF IT AINT OEM IT AINT NO GOOD !!1 o_O :unsure::sneaky: CRASH N BURN EVERYTIME !!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts