GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last two weeks have been absolutely beautiful. The wild flowers in the canyons are starting to bloom, some of the trees are flowering and budding, and the real tell-tale signs were I slaughtered enough bugs yesterday to cause a real dent in their population. Of course these are CA bugs unlike the horse size guys you have back there but messy just the same. Next time I'll not forget to take a damp cloth to get them critters off while there still fresh. Temps are ranging from 74 to 84 depanding which side of the hill your on. So hang in there guys your turn is just around the corner.
Well I better get going now I think I hear a banna-split calling my name a couple of hundred miles away.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
It was a beautiful week here in Virginia. We set a record one day of 84 and most days were either in the 70"s or low 80's. It is back to reality though as today struggles to get to 60 and next week back to some 40's. A month from now we have daylight savings time and the leaves will be budding:) Glad your enjoying your weather and I have definitely made the most of mine.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Yep, I have yellow pine tree pollen all over
everthing! :evil:

Nice Goldwing weather though. :)

·
Registered
20,947 Posts
8 inches of new snow thursday night and another 3 inches this morning. Glad to get the new snow but looking forward to spring.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Oh, shut up you guys

Rode 250 miles last weekend, the snowblower this weekend.
Well, thats March in MN. At least we're on the back side of winter.

Gary and Mickey,
I suppose you rode the Ortega Hwy. I've ridden it in twice and out once. The last time out was up the coast.
The trips to Ca. will probably be by plane from now on so we have more time with the grandkids.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ortega it was, or least that was the begining. Then out towards the Julian area where we took Dawg & Meesh last year on one of their rides. I should be back out there today it's even warmer, but decided we would just watch the Nascar race and clean the bugs off.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I don't want to hear anything about Banana Splits, Ortega or the rides that "we did take (past tense)" the Dawg & Meesh on.

Gary & Mikey, those comments are mean spirited and very hurtful to us up here in the North.

As soon as I get the driveway cleared of the snow in the morning, I might just go in the garage and sit on all 4 of the bikes sitting in the garage and sulk...LOL

Dawg

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bulldog,
We will be taking the 2nd annual B & M ride next weekend. Any requests for the route?
Mikey

·
Registered
274 Posts
Can I represent them at the second B&M annual ride ???

:wink:

Ya know I'm a helpful soul :lol:

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Hawk, did you know that GW looks like STOCK...sinful crime, unforgiving, no Saftey Chrome ! Bush is depending on these things, it is you, not supporting the Economy, or is that the National debt program. Looks like mine before I owned it for two months.

·
Registered
380 Posts
It was 65 on friday, and today we have an inch of snow.... oh how I love western NY......NOT..... :snow1: :sw1:

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
We rode 340 miles on sunday...the temp display said 88 on the freeway when we got back into town from the prescott az area. It was 82 at the ranch when we got back home in gilbert. ;)

it was mid 60's to low 70's up there.

I got to watch a Valk rider almost rearend a pickup truck in slow heavy traffic. I was behind him and wondering why he was tail gating every one....

·
Registered
656 Posts
We have had a couple of nice days in the last two weeks. Able to squeeze about 500 miles out of the new wing between the cold, snow & rain drops. Did the first oil change last night at 500 miles. Can't wait to do the next one. HeHe..

Spring is almost here!!!

Ronnie :yw1:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Gary & Mikey said:
Bulldog,
We will be taking the 2nd annual B & M ride next weekend. Any requests for the route?
Mikey
Oh Ya !..........What about M & S ? You just gonna take off before we get there ? Even after inviting us ? Oh wow thats cold !
Speaking of Cold ! Can I Interest you in an all expenses paid vacation
to Siberia ? LOL

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well excuuuuuuuuuse us. We had no idea that you would like a pre-spring ride in your behalf. B&M combined with a M&S, boy could I run with that one.
Mike, it would be our PLEASURE to provide you with a ride of a life time, while you do nothing but eat Bon-Bons and watch Oprah. There is one thing you must do though, and that is provide us a picture of you and Sherry dressed in your favorite riding attire. That way as we go down the road Mikey can hold your picture out in the wind so you can sense the real excitement of CA roads. We do take special request, so if there is a particular area or style of riding you would like to do, kinda like Total Recall, just lets us know. You options vary from knee dragging Mt Palomar or Ortega Hwy, to both riders in the back seat with the cruise on, or anything inbetween. The only ride that can't be requested is the down the ski slop ride as it is currently under repair, sorry. And since you are a charter member of the good guys club you are also entitled to your choice of ice cream.
We await your request with great anticipation!
Gary & Mikey

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Well, I managed to get in 1200 miles this weekend. Had to go be with the granddaughter for her 2nd birthday. High of 85, low of 50. Clear sailing all the way.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
More coming east

And even more great weather will be heading east for the end of the week. Just beautiful here in Colorado today and tomorrow -- watch out, here it comes!!!!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Well ? OOOOOOOOOK ! I kinda thought we just slipped your mind. We would like a ride on the coast please. Both riders on the back, Bulldog & Meesch in right hand, Mike and Sherry in the left. With you feeding Mikey the Biggest Bannana Split you can find. Please pay attention to the curves, I don't want to get wet ! I guess we'll cancel the Siberia trip HUH ?

·
Registered
877 Posts
GL03 said:
Hawk, did you know that GW looks like STOCK...sinful crime, unforgiving, no Saftey Chrome ! Bush is depending on these things, it is you, not supporting the Economy, or is that the National debt program. Looks like mine before I owned it for two months.
Well, I guess that's the easiest way to be "different"with a Wing. I do have the Show Chrome trunk and bag trim with lights, Bushtec hitch and trailer, Bushtec fender extension, CB radio, Sierra antenna. And since that picture above in first post, I've added the Tulsa mirror wings, Kury mirror turn signals and will be adding the Utopia backrest. Not real big on the chrome stuff.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts