GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently switched my rear tire from a Toyo Proxes (which was a very good tire) to a new Hankook Ventus V4 ES. Wow, what a surprise! This tire is fantastic. It has an all weather tread which handles great in wet weather. It has excellent traction on dry pavement, very quiet, excellent traction in hard turns (I tend to drag my floorboards), very comfortable ride and most surprising.....I felt no lean resistance! You can't tell the difference between it and a bike tire (other than the fact its a better ride)! The edges are well rounded unlike many car tires. I was skeptical of the tire as I am anything new so I did a lot of web searching to find out about the tires. Most people that have them on their cars are very happy with them and give them a high rating. I also found out that Hankook is now the OEM tire for Toyota, GM and Ford. If all this isn't good enough news, they were also the cheapest tires I found (understand that I don't worry about cost when it comes to safety....safety first). I got it for $70 at www.onlinetires.com. I've had the bike up to 90mph to test the tire at high speed and it handled great. I also gave it a hard turn test by accelerating hard while leaning over far enough to drag my floorboards and it dug in and gave me great traction. No slippage at all. Let me add that I run 36 psi in the tire. I highly recommend this tire to anyone. Just in case anyone is interested, I've ridden bikes over 1,500,000 miles with over 200,000 miles on Goldwings so I do some serious riding year around. I'd be interested to hear from anyone else that has tried these tires. Here is the link for it: http://www.onlinetires.com/products...16+hankook+ventus+v4+es+h105+87v.html#reviews

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Read your post

Rocky I read your post (the link) and was impressed. It seems we have the same opinion about the Hankook tire although I haven't tried the 100+ mph stuff. I'm somewhat partial to staying out of jail....LOL. I also tried using pressures in the 40's but found I get the best handling at 36psi. I ride alone most of the time. I travel a lot for business and I take the bike on business trips. The only thing better than riding is getting paid to ride!

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
:congrats: and Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
Don't forget to get your # an Decal....

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Cool,the 195/55 is on my list to try next summer. Going to be a busy next year in the tire area.Please keep us updated as to your feelings as tire wears.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Cool! I have the Ventus on a BMW car and they are very impressive. I'll have to give it try on the Wing next time. Thanks for the report. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Attention Rocketman

He loves his Hankook,maybe if you get some miles under your belt ,Falken will wear out and you too can enjoy Hankook sitting in your garage collecting a great deal of dust.:shrug:Like a trip to Wv.in seven days.Less typing and more riding buddy.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
He loves his Hankook,maybe if you get some miles under your belt ,Falken will wear out and you too can enjoy Hankook sitting in your garage collecting a great deal of dust.:shrug:Like a trip to Wv.in seven days.Less typing and more riding buddy.
I love my Hankook! As a matter of fact I love it so much, I have had it for 4 or 5 months admiring it before I put it on. :thumbup:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Brad, thanks for the right up, will be joining you soon . . . . well maybe. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
:roll:
I love my Hankook! As a matter of fact I love it so much, I have had it for 4 or 5 months admiring it before I put it on. :thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts