GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
9 years ago I blew out my right bicep tendon. I was 51. I test drove a trike then and decided I wasn't old enough for that. Here we sew 9 years later, on the heels of my second blown bicep tendon (and repair surgery, injured in exactly the same way ... leaning Wing), 60 years old, and I find myself at the same decision point. This time I'm pretty sure we're going to trike my 2012 Wing. I like what I see with Hannigan. I am wondering if there is any experience and thought regarding their 180 heavier front end conversion versus a standard rake kit. No matter what we do, we're looking at $15-$18k to trike it. This is a $3k option.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I don't have the mod, however there was an individual that used to be on this forum and left that is a double amputee and he had one on his Hannigan and swore by it. He had been riding another trike without a rake kit and after switching when he got a different he couldn't say anything bad about it. Also he go a lot of extra miles from the larger tire. Since you have bad biceps I would personally recommend the most rake you can get it will make turning much easier. My Hannigan has a 4.5 degree rake and turns fairly easy. I rode a friends Roadsmith with a 6.0 dergee rake and it was at least twice as easy IMHO.

Reactions: Art H.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts