GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we had our 06 wing triked out by Hannigan. They did a great job. I was allowed to watch there progress, but I didn't stand over there shoulder. Chris was the tech who did the work, I am completely satisfied and would reccommend them. The trike rides like a dream. I have put on only 500 miles, but can tell it will be great.
Capt Bob

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi!

Congratulations on your new trike -- know you will LOVE IT!

We had our 2003 Candy Orange GL1800 triked one year ago by Hannigan in Murray, Kentucky. They treated us great and we've been so happy with our trike! It's great for trips too!

Enjoy!

Jo Anne & Lou

·
Registered
373 Posts
We had ours trike in may of last year got 15000 miles on it now. be sure you watch your fenders when you get gas they sure are wide, you will love it . we do

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congrats on the new conversion! Looks great! Glad to see another Floridian triking around too!

·
Registered
337 Posts
sooo cool!

Congratulations on your new unit. I've ordered a conversion for my 2001. :D It's promised for January :shock: Can't wait. I'm just wondering what kind of fuel mileage folks are getting. I know, its really dependent on riding style, but we have gotten about 41, mostly two up. We ordered the auxilliary tank, cuz we're scaredy cats! Never pushed one and don't plan on it in the future.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hannigan on order also

I have a Hannigan on order with Volunteer Cycles in Sevierville TN. My due date is early Jan. I just sold my 03 with a CSC. I bought another 03 but this is Orange. I choose Hannigan because of the inline drive shaft. I rode a demo at WOTS and found it to be a very smooth ride. One question is the whale tail spoiler a running light a well as a brake light? I have an artifical leg so I don't ride the new one as a two wheeler. So I guess I will suffer from a major case of PMS until Jan. Glad to see Hannigan show up on this board more.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My wife and I decided to get into motorcycles after we retired 3 yrs ago. We started off with a '92 Goldwing. Great bike. We never fell over, but had a lot of "almosts". We started thinking about a trike and did some comparisons on the net. We liked the looks of the CSC, but liked the straight driveshaft and trunk size of the Hannigan. Without ever riding an 1800 or a trike, we bought a 2002 that was already triked from a private party in TN and had it trucked to Northern California. With less than 50 miles trike experience, mostly around town, we headed off to Minnesota, then to Sturgis, Las Vegas, and home. Just over 5K miles. Absolutely loved it. Not one probem. We got a high of 41 MPG and a low of 29 MPG. We were home for 2 weeks, and headed out again, this time to Washington, then home and then to Yellowstone. Counting the MN trip, we put over 10K on it in 6 wks. One of the most fun things we have ever done. Most Goldwing trike conversions are good. We went with Hannigan, and haven't regretted it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wow kbeckle! You guys hit the road big time didn't you? That's amazing. I haven't had the opportunity to go long-distance with mine yet but I can easily see myself doing so based on the comfort of the riding experience.

I'd say "enjoy your trike" but it looks like you're already well underway with that!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just for what it's worth - I've noticed that most trikes don't have arm rests. I suggested them to my wife, and she nixed the idea. Knowing how she usually comes around, I added them anyway. Now, she wouldn't be without them. Not only are they comfortable, but they also have the added advantage of a place to hang your helmets on. Ugly as sin, but sure great to have.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ah, yeah, thats an obvious scam. I have already inquired into the bike. I am sure a moneygram request will be in my box in no time.

"yeah, see, i have the bike in England, crated and ready to ship, we will send a moneygram to an escrow company whose web address I give you....."

I like to string these guys along with a couple of back and forth emails. usually I tell them the moneygram has been procured and they need to pick it up in the country they say they are in. When they balk, I tell them it will cost me $25 to change the moneygram and I ask for them to paypal me the $25 before I do it, in good faith. I have had one taker so far use a stolen paypal account, which I then helped restore control of to its rightful owner.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts