GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a used 2008 Hannigan Sierra trailer and needed to replace the spoiler break light. Hannigan had it in stock and shipped it pronto. My question now though is are the front side running lights susposed to turn off when the brake lights come on? They also blink with the blinker it turned on which at first I thought wasn't right but I could see the purpose in that from the side traffic standpoint. Can someone shed a little "light" on this for me? :confused:

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Bought a used 2008 Hannigan Sierra trailer and needed to replace the spoiler break light. Hannigan had it in stock and shipped it pronto. My question now though is are the front side running lights susposed to turn off when the brake lights come on? They also blink with the blinker it turned on which at first I thought wasn't right but I could see the purpose in that from the side traffic standpoint. Can someone shed a little "light" on this for me? :confused:

NO, the side lights are just running lights and should burn constant. Hopefully it is at the hitch wiring. BTW, sounds like a ground issue.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Bucfan11 - Thanks, I was afraid of that. I hate trailer wiring :eek:4:. Well, at least everything else is working as it needs to so that narrows the search down. I'll need to trace back those side lights and try to figure out what the issue is. :shrug:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some

Glad to hear it! Did you straighten out that spider web of wiring while you were at it?
I did a little but still want to do a little more when I get more time and a little warmer shop to work in. That web is a real surprise considering the quality of the remainder of the trailer. Previous owner just cut a piece of dense foam to fit over the top of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts