GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying a Hannigan Trailer, anyone had any problems with them, any comments good or bad.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
I bought a Hannigan Europa. I have both manufacured and bought motorcycle trailer since 1957 and have something over 600,000 miles pulling them.

My company is designing a new trailer and so I have bought and or tried several of the trailers currently available.

I believe the Hannigan trailer is the best trailer currently available. The suspension has a unique double spindle swing arm and the wheel spindle always stays parallel to its opposite spindle.

There are several trailers with good finish. There are a few that have light weight hand layup. However, I believe Dave's suspenion is the best out their and his finish is very good, and his construction is superb.

He also happens to be a very nice person. Fortunately, several of the trailer manufacturers are really great people and help support the sport.

The aluminum trailer is a 1975 Tefco Streamliner Camper. It is shown at HDL Hendersonville after being stored 12 years. The day after this photo was taken, I rode my red 04 Wing and 29 year old Tefco trailer from near Asheville to San Antonio, 1221 miles including 350 miles in the rain in Tennessee. I got home before 2:00 am, about 18 hours later.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Tom, where was the first pic taken? I so enjoy rides that go along next to water. I always try and take notes, so some day I may be able to cross that road.
Thanks Gary & MIkey

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Water location

That is the Llano river, just upstream of Lake LBJ in central Texas. Here is a picture of the Frio River, about 100 miles west of San Antonio. Some of the pretiest river water I have ever seen. Always cold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts