GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talking Betty into watching the Worlds Fastest Indian and she enjoyed it !
I absolutely love that film and it's my pick me up movie . Nothing gets me motivated , inspired , and upbeat than this movie . Burt Monroe & Rollie Free ,, what's not to love . Hardcore passionate riders doing what they love to do . Ok way past my bed time ,later .

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Great movie. I have watched it many times. Dedication to your dream.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Definitely a great movie, such a heart warming flick and showing the better side of people, never get sick of watching it :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Talking Betty into watching the Worlds Fastest Indian and she enjoyed it !
I absolutely love that film and it's my pick me up movie . Nothing gets me motivated , inspired , and upbeat than this movie . Burt Monroe & Rollie Free ,, what's not to love . Hardcore passionate riders doing what they love to do . Ok way past my bed time ,later .

Yes Rail that's is a great movie and story.......And yes June really enjoyed it also. Got to love those girls.

I even got June hook on the Long way around and long way down series. June got a kick out of those two guys.
For me it was OK. I like reading the ADV riders site. Most of those guys ride unassisted NO back up crew!!

Lee

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes Rail that's is a great movie and story.......And yes June really enjoyed it also. Got to love those girls.

I even got June hook on the Long way around and long way down series. June got a kick out of those two guys.
For me it was OK. I like reading the ADV riders site. Most of those guys ride unassisted NO back up crew!!

Lee
Long way down was ok , but they wear nice Belstaff jackets :lol:
Burt Monroe movie was more than a bike movie and this is what makes it special .
It's shows the brotherhood of riders , friend's being true friends , the bound between young and old , passion , setting goals , human spirit , random acts of kindness , and a rambling old dude who can get out or into whatever he wants . My hero ?? Yes. Yes indeed . Rollie Free makes my hero list also . 2 riders in the truest sense of the word .

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I have never seen it!

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
WHAT .. really ??. Go ,,,,go now to the rental store !!

What ever you do, don't buy it. Someone will borrow it and then it will never come home again. This I know to be a fact.

Munro was 68 and was riding a 47-year-old machine when he set his last record.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
I have never seen it!
..Worlds Fastest Indian
... it's available on Netflix.
You can get an unlimited month of movie watching for about the same price as renting two movies from somewhere else..
:shrug:
.. and easily cancel anytime
.. First month free
(…sounds like I own them, but I don't..
.. just have been using them to ditch the cable habit)
:)
GREAT movie by the way.. One of my all time favs..

Dennis

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
..Worlds Fastest Indian
... it's available on Netflix.
You can get an unlimited month of movie watching for about the same price as renting two movies from somewhere else..
:shrug:
.. and easily cancel anytime
.. First month free
(…sounds like I own them, but I don't..
.. just have been using them to ditch the cable habit)
:)
GREAT movie by the way.. One of my all time favs..

Dennis
I gotta check out netflix as dish network and I are having our differences .

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
A good book to read about adventure riding is Two Wheels through Terror By Greg Heggstad.
I have it ..........so if anyone wants to read it. Let me know.

Greg Heggstad I first read on ADV riders site many years ago. Calling him self the Striking Viking.
I was following his RR. and it suddenly ended. So I had to get the book.

http://www.amazon.com/Two-Wheels-Through-Terror-Motorcycle/dp/1550229222

Lee

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 23 Posts