GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
15 year Member
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great summer.. Looking forward to cooler riding temps, you know in the mid 80's!! Lake Mead is up almost 30 feet so we won't have to worry about water or power... My Doctor told me that Yosemite has snow that has not melted yet and 'ol man winter is already knocking on the High Sierras,,

Ride safe everybody and watch for those leaves, there as slick as ice!!!

Matt(BCNV):thumbup:

·
Registered
630 Posts
winter

Matt,
Boooooooooo :snow1: From the soon to be frozen tundra of Ohio......:eek:

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Should hit here about mid November.

·
Registered
528 Posts
What a great summer.. Looking forward to cooler riding temps, you know in the mid 80's!! Lake Mead is up almost 30 feet so we won't have to worry about water or power... My Doctor told me that Yosemite has snow that has not melted yet and 'ol man winter is already knocking on the High Sierras,,

Ride safe everybody and watch for those leaves, there as slick as ice!!!

Matt(BCNV):thumbup:
Thanks Matt, you too...:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
The oaks are turning red along the Fox River, the caterpillars are fat and furry up on Green Bay and I got a couple long sleeve shirts out of storage today. Yup! It's turning into fall in northeast Wisconsin.
If it weren't for commitments I'd be migrating.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Not sure what you guys are talking about. South Texas is still in the 90's. Now if we could just get some rain!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Thanks, Matt. When you say, "Ride safe everybody and watch for those leaves, there as slick as ice!!!" around here it's said, " 'dem leaves are slicker 'n snot on a door knob". At any rate, they'll sneak up on the unaware and bust your bubble.......among other things.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
69 here on my way to work this morning. Still in the low 100's during the day but the nights and mornings are nice. A sure sign that we are just about into our 6 to 8 months of perfect.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I was on the Cherahala last week-end and the leaves are starting to change at the higher altitudes..........I love fall riding:yes1:

·
Registered
166 Posts
starting the fall season in the midwest. 45 this morning with a high supposed to be around 74. trees are not changing yet but are not far from it. have a safe one.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Back at you from your old stomping grounds. Everything is still green here and temps were in the mid 70's yesterday. October is shaping up to have spectacular color.

·
Registered
977 Posts
See what you started, Matt?

Yes, the Fall is undeniably beautiful and pleasant -
BUT, guess which season follows Fall!

I was planning on enjoying today, before the equinox ushers in the decline into c-o-l-d.

I do ride all year, just, not as often.

So, thanks, a whole bunch for reminding us of limited riding, soon.

HUMBUG!!

·
Florida Moderator
4,617 Posts
Ah, winter riding in Florida, the best time of the year. No love bugs, sunburn, or sweating.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts