GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I hope you had a great Fathers Day today! My Daughter and PingJockeys "pseudo" grandson came over and took me to IHOP for breakfast. I has a Giant Colorado Omlet with all the extras and 6 pancakes! For Truckco's health, I put Gwakamolie(sp) and Salsa on the pancakes, Strawberrys and Butter Pecan is still better (sorry Lori). And Rickster, they didn't make me wait until the first fuel stop to eat! Its been hitting almost 100° here in Tulsa almost every day and I could use some 10,000 AGL air. I sure wish we could visit more often.

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
Our eldest daughter and I went for a fathers day ride yesterday.

We went down that secret stretch of unmarked blacktop that runs along the river.

Rode past some old time buildings,

Stopped at Deckers for ice cream.

She wanted to do a loop as she hadn't been that way on a bike.

So we went up Terryall Creek road.

Let's say that it was "under construction"

But the views were awesome.

Got to Jefferson and turned for home on 285, thought we'd be there in a half hour or so...

WRONG

Right at Santa Maria the traffic was stopped. Sat for 30 minutes until we saw several cars turning around.

So we turned around and headed for...

Grant and Guanella Pass.

Yes folks, you heard it right here.

A Goldwing on Guanella Pass.

When they get the road done it will be awesome.

We got down to Georgetown finally, dusty and dirty.

Stopped in Idaho Springs for dinner at Beaujo's and headed on down through Evergreen and back home.

Got in the middle of a mountain bike race along the South Platte

Traveled more dirt and rough road in one day than the entire time I've owned the bike.

Spent the day with a lovely young lady willing to ride roads that were almost impassable for a cage!

All of it,

Priceless.

Happy Fathers day to all of you.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Hi Guys, I hope you had a great Fathers Day today! My Daughter and PingJockeys "pseudo" grandson came over and took me to IHOP for breakfast. I has a Giant Colorado Omlet with all the extras and 6 pancakes! For Truckco's health, I put Gwakamolie(sp) and Salsa on the pancakes, Strawberrys and Butter Pecan is still better (sorry Lori). And Rickster, they didn't make me wait until the first fuel stop to eat! Its been hitting almost 100° here in Tulsa almost every day and I could use some 10,000 AGL air. I sure wish we could visit more often.
Thanks for the good wishes David. Guacamole and salsa on Pancakes? Seems strange to me, but everyone likes something different. Some folks enjoy gravy on their pancakes.

Denver's high is going to be 66° and it's snowing in the high country. Put your bride on the back of that 'Wing and get on out here.

Our eldest daughter and I went for a fathers day ride yesterday.

We went down that secret stretch of unmarked blacktop that runs along the river.

So we turned around and headed for...

Grant and Guanella Pass.

Yes folks, you heard it right here.

A Goldwing on Guanella Pass.

When they get the road done it will be awesome.

We got down to Georgetown finally, dusty and dirty.

Stopped in Idaho Springs for dinner at Beaujo's and headed on down through Evergreen and back home.

Got in the middle of a mountain bike race along the South Platte

Traveled more dirt and rough road in one day than the entire time I've owned the bike.

Spent the day with a lovely young lady willing to ride roads that were almost impassable for a cage!

All of it,

Priceless.

Happy Fathers day to all of you.
I know that stretch of road. Will have to ride it again soon.

Guanella Pass. :eek:4: I went over it in the cage a couple of weeks ago and was not interested in taking it on the bike. I guess that the car tire on the back made you think you were in a car. :joke:

2,732 Posts
Reporting in....

Canyon Dancer (Rascal) reporting in: We left "Quiet Waters" about 10 am on Saturday, rode over Rist Canyon dropping down into the Poudre Canyon about midway to Cameron Pass, enjoyed spectacular views at the top of Cameron Pass, hit a huge speed bump (road frost heave) just on the west side of the Pass that sent the Dancer airborne searching for footing and Ms Dancer and me hanging in the air momentarily. We survived and so did the Dancer but all three of us (Dancer, Ms Dancer and your's truley) felt the jolt for several hours after. We stopped at the Visitors Center at Gould and tried our darndest to see some Moose, but failed. However, we had packed a lunch when we left home and marveled at the spectacular view of the Pass from the picnic table we warmed. We arrived in Steamboat Springs about 3 pm and were met by Julie's sister at a condo they had reserved for us. They did the hot tub thing, while I enjoyed a glass of Hahn Cabernet (highly recommended), read the paper and enjoyed the ambiance. Sunday, after a late breakfast (some would call it an early lunch) at Egg and I, we left for home at 1 pm. Skirted a huge thunderhead which caught up with us for a couple of minutes, but we outsmarted it and turned south at the right moment. Got home about 4 pm and decided that we had really had a great short getaway. River Report: The Poudre River and the Michigan River were running at absolute "full bore" with some folks sandbagging their shorelines ahead of time. The Wing got a bath before being put in the barn (garage) and seemed to be happy to rest & relax beside the 1939 Jaguar SS100 convertable and the John Deere 180 lawn mower. This concludes the Dancer's weekend report.

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
I guess that the car tire on the back made you think you were in a car. :joke:
While that car tire does give superior traction on every kind and condition of road surface, angle and speed, the only other option to Guanella was clear over Hooser thru Breck and around.

The middle of Guanella was nicely paved so that was a plus, it's just both ends that made it "extra" special. That and the miles of construction gravel on Terryall Creek made for an intense puckering kind of a day.

And to top the evening off, they lost our order at Beaujo's....

But they did us right by comping our meal so we had to eat free pizza!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts