GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normally I do not post anything about bad service, but this took the whole cake. I bought a tire changer, like Fred uses, from Harbor Freight on line, the second week of March. It was shipped right away and apparently was damaged in shippment by Fedex. Fedex sent it back and Harbor Freight received it on March 25th. I had not heard anything since the order, so I got on line today and checked the status. This is when I found out about the damage and return, and where my saga begins. So I called customer service this morning. I apparently got someone in India, as it appeared. No big deal, and I talked to the rep. He told me it was now on back order and would not be in until May 8th. I was not happy....and asked why I was not notified, as they have now had it a week, and no email or phone call to me. He said a "card" was sent to me on the 30th, notifying me of the back order. I was not happy, not so much with him, but with the company. Someone should have notified me, and not my a card in the mail.

I then asked to talk to a supervisor, who was horrible!!! A total jerk and never offered to rectify this or much of an explaination. I even told him I have a store 20 miles from my home who has them in stock, but I got it on line because it was on sale there, and not on sale in the store. Based on his attitude to this, I cancelled the order and will not do business with them anymore. Just wondering if anyone else has had this kind of problem with them too. What a way to run your company.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
... Just wondering if anyone else has had this kind of problem with them too. What a way to run your company.
They have always treated me fairly. I've never bought anything from them online, but I do my research there and then go to the store to buy it. At the register I show them what I found the online price to be and they match the price! :thumbup:

I don't know if that's their official policy, but it's always worked for me. :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
I certainly understand your un-happiness. Like Boots above, I always take the online price information with me to the store. I have never had a problem with my local store matching the online pricing if I ask.

I know this doesn't help what you already went through, just tossing in my experiences.

Tom

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys, I really did not think the local stores would do that, but great if they are. This was my first time at buying from them on line. I have always bought from the stores before, but I will not, repeat will not, buy from them on line again. The stores have always treated me fairly. Guess that tells you what outsourcing customer service and stuff gets you.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Another one-sided bash of a vendor... :wrong:

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I'm not exactly sure what you wanted the call center to do. Beg your forgiveness or what.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
this type of stuff is why i would never go back to ,,,whatever store ,,, pulled this crap on me

after all, they have your email, it would take almost zero effort to send an email, and say what happened, and maybe even bend the rule and allow an in store pick up, since its well over a month away from stock

i expect a few things from a seller, to keep sending them my money

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Are there any stores you'll still go into Loren.:cool: totally kidding Loren

·
Registered
293 Posts
Guys, I really did not think the local stores would do that, but great if they are. This was my first time at buying from them on line. I have always bought from the stores before, but I will not, repeat will not, buy from them on line again. The stores have always treated me fairly. Guess that tells you what outsourcing customer service and stuff gets you.
needed a impact gun went on their site was 19.99. called local store in stock 16.99 sooooooooooooo im happy with their service.:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hfr8

they have changed the warrenty when you buy a tool at the store that is priced lower online.they will sell the tool at the lower price,BUT if it fails the store will not replace it.you have to deal online ..just found that out when i bought some tools..but i lioke Harbor Freight,they have always treated me fair.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Are there any stores you'll still go into Loren.:cool: totally kidding Loren
seriously wayne, as consumers and holders of hard earned dollars

we should expect to be treated fairly, right

i dont think this was fair

a letter a week after the fact that may of may not be sent....

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
they have changed the warrenty when you buy a tool at the store that is priced lower online.they will sell the tool at the lower price,BUT if it fails the store will not replace it.you have to deal online ..just found that out when i bought some tools..but i lioke Harbor Freight,they have always treated me fair.
oh thats special

buy the tools at sears and enjoy decent quality, and a very liberal return policy, wether its purchased online or at the b&m store

·
Registered
410 Posts
The store closest to me in chattanooga TN will honor the online prices if you bring a copy of the online page that shows what you are wanting. Give that a try next time. Not everyone at HB is a jerk, our store is a great place to do business with.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I purchased a trailer frame to build a small pull behind for my wing to pull in 2005. No problems at all. I have purchased other tools and equipment from them since. Again, no problems. The trailer I bought was a kit. Took about 90 min. to assemble, all the parts were there. Pulled the trailer with a Sears car top carrier bolted to the frame. Worked great! I guess I can say that I have never had a problem with Harbor Freight. But considering all the logistics involved, once in a while there will be a mistake. Sorry the shipper damaged the changer and sorry Harbor Freight didn't tell you, and sorry Harbor Freight lost another customer. But I believe that all the folks who worked for HF are not the kind of folks you encountered. It just sounds like everyone involved was having a bad day. I personally would not hold a grudge against an entire company just because someone in that company got argumentative with me. Just my .02

·
Registered
821 Posts
I have always had good service. If something is on sale online, you can print it out and they will match the price in the store. The stores and the online sales are not operated by the same people but the store will honor all online adds.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Online HF tire changer

I think that the online store does not have these in-house and the manufacturer is just not fast. I ordered one last summer and the base was not delivered for over a month. Fortunately I was in no hurry for it. Wish they had a store here in NH.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Local stores are always preferable than dealing with some one in India who only partly understands English. I have had good luck but always try to know what I am getting. As with anyone else, some of their stuff is Junk. Sears is some what nicer but a lot more expensive. I always enjoy browsing at HF, as a mater of fact rode 60 miles to visit one today.

:biker:

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you want a real tire macine, get a No-Mar, the service and quality you get is not comparable to any. They are tops !!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I ordered over $800 of rechargable flashlights and batteries a couple of years ago. And waited. And waited. Finally I called the service center and spoke to a person that sounded Indian. He also told me they had mailed me a 'card' notifying me that it would be another 6 weeks before delivery. I never did receive the 'card'. I did eventually receive the merchandise. Moral of the store for me: Don't order from HF online. The only resean I did that time was because they didn't sell the lights in-store.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Another one-sided bash of a vendor... :wrong:
Well, if you had been paying attention and really reading the posting, it states exactly how I found out, what I did to confirm the screw up, and their total lack of caring. Instead of knocking me, maybe you should take the time to see what I have done. I did not post this just to "bash" a vendor, but to expose the problem and their lack of doing anything.

I do agree with others that have posted....don't think I would have that kind of trouble if I had made the purchase in store. I did not think they would honor the discounted or sale price. My lesson I have learned.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts