GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've completed my HF trailer conversion. Nothing major of course but I really like the trailer alot better since I've made these changes. I'm looking forward to using it frequently. I've attached before, during and after pics.

Before

During

After / Completed

Well, I no longer have my HFTA trailer anymore. I sold it after trading my wing. If I still needed the trailer, I would have kept it and spray painted it silver. :thumbup:

·
Registered
852 Posts
looks great, almost hurts the eyes, its so bright...:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Nice looking trailer. Next time you need those decals I can sell you 2 for that price.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
PM replied to...

·
Registered
937 Posts
Just a question - why do people cover the license plate in photos ?:shrug:

They are seen all day everyday on the road.

By the way - nice job ! You're getting me motivated to do one myself. HF had them on sale for $279 a while back but I didn't move on it fast enough. I could have used the 20% discount with that price too.

·
Registered
174 Posts
why do people cover the license plate in photos
Not sure, but if it is important to someone then I am all for it for them.

In some States it is possible to send in a written complaint to the DMV or Cops, on a person's driving. I guess if a Board Member got pissed off at someone on the forum, they could send in a bogus complaint with the License plate number.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
They do the same in magazines. In many states, a token fee gets you the registration information for any license number.

So let's say I REALLY like his trailer and lived in his state. For say $3 I'd have his home address. Then it's just a matter of going over the collecting "MY" new trailer.

·
Registered
154 Posts
So let's say I REALLY like his trailer and lived in his state. For say $3 I'd have his home address. Then it's just a matter of going over the collecting "MY" new trailer.
Ohh Ohh Please drop by with that in mind, no need to worry about the dog...
:wrong:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the compliments & the heads up on the trailer tag. I just changed the picture.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just a question - why do people cover the license plate in photos ?:shrug:

They are seen all day everyday on the road.

By the way - nice job ! You're getting me motivated to do one myself. HF had them on sale for $279 a while back but I didn't move on it fast enough. I could have used the 20% discount with that price too.

That's a great question! I've seen plates covered is most pics so I figured there was a reason why, so I covered mine too.

I made the trailer my little project and enjoyed doing it. Those HF 20% discount coupons come in handy!

·
Registered
937 Posts
They do the same in magazines. In many states, a token fee gets you the registration information for any license number.

That makes no sense at all !

MANY more people can see the plate going down the road just as easily and do the same thing !

"Paranoia strike deep. Into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid. You step out of line, the man come and take you away !"

"Ohh Ohh Please drop by with that in mind, no need to worry about the dog... " Or the glock or the AR or the AK - just saying.

·
Registered
154 Posts
That makes no sense at all !

MANY more people can see the plate going down the road just as easily and do the same thing !

"Paranoia strike deep. Into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid. You step out of line, the man come and take you away !"

"Ohh Ohh Please drop by with that in mind, no need to worry about the dog... " Or the glock or the AR or the AK - just saying.
Actually going down the road only one or two people at a time can see let alone read your license plate. Try it and see the next time you take a ride...The net let's a lot more see it and actually read it.
No idea what could actually be done with it though. Like I said you do not need to worry about the dog...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts