GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at purchasing a Harbor Freight lift table for the wing. Had a coupon for 299.99 and can't seem to find it now. Anyone have one thaey are willing to send me?

Thanks

Kevin

·
Registered
340 Posts
I bought it/ dont do it. it is to small for the gw to put up on the center stand. i had to make a 6" platform to attach to the front to get it up on the stand. The problem is that it hits the rear wheel change cover. I like it for my other bikes but a hassel for gw. it is also to narrow for one person to put it on the lift and to be able to put side stand down and get off.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought it/ dont do it. it is to small for the gw to put up on the center stand. i had to make a 6" platform to attach to the front to get it up on the stand. The problem is that it hits the rear wheel change cover. I like it for my other bikes but a hassel for gw. it is also to narrow for one person to put it on the lift and to be able to put side stand down and get off.
Thanks for the info. I wanted to use it to change my tires. The back tire is such a hassel without it. Would probably only use it 3-4 times a year anyways. With the front plate you fabricated, would the tire panel drop out for the wing? I had already planned to add side extensions

Kevin

·
Registered
183 Posts
Looking at purchasing a Harbor Freight lift table for the wing. Had a coupon for 299.99 and can't seem to find it now. Anyone have one thaey are willing to send me?

Thanks

Kevin
I just saw the $299 coupon in the current, Aug 2011 issue of Motorcyclist Magazine. They also have the locking chock for $25.99 too....

I stumbled across this e-bay ad too http://tinyurl.com/6bd9oph -Rich

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just put the bike on its side and wahla 15 minutes later the tire has been changed. No damage or scratches on bike. Put down some carpet where the engine and rear guards are. No need to buy a hoist when laying down on side costs you nothing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rear Tire Change

There is a video on the forum that I ran across that shows how to lay the bike on it's side and change the rear wheel without the costs.

Good Luck! :coffee1:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts