GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
I use mine every year since 2000 and never problem, I also raise my (NOW TRIKE) off the cement garage floor every winter season, from late October - April and it stays up!

Ronnie
There is a commercial in response... 馃槀 馃槀馃憤馃徏

Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
I searched on YouTube and found a bunch of videos of people doing it. I bought a Harbor Freight 12 ton jack. It was $89.99 but after coupon it was a little over $77. After searching all the videos I will probably combine several of them to make mine the way I want it.

Reactions: Joen

Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
V

very cool how about pictures and write up for how to convert HF to air... 馃憤馃徏
I started a thread on the Ohio board to detail it as I go. Feel free to ask me questions.

Mind if I come down and see how you're doing it? Maybe Wed.?
Sorry Bob I鈥檒l probably do a little bit at a time. That way if I get frustrated I can walk away before I start saying French words.:eek: It鈥檚 pretty simple. The main thing will be that I want to make it so I can lower the table with the existing foot peddle.

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
Boomer1832cc 鈥淚 started a thread on the Ohio board to detail it as I go. Feel free to ask me questions.鈥

I鈥檒l look for that on the Ohio board thanks 馃槉

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
Jacks have a screw adjustment on them anyone know what it adjust?

Registered
Assuming you don't mean the saddle screw and the release bolt, some jacks have a threaded plug that "should not be removed". I don't know what's in there because, well, I never removed it. ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter #27
No not the saddle screw it鈥檚 one on the housing with a red cap which is a screw with an oring under that there is a screw to adjust pressure of some sort...

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
Perhaps that is where you would add oil when necessary.
No the jack has a rubber plug to add oil and is at the level it needs to, bled of air. The problem is that it operates as it should when empty, but when loaded with a bike it won't lift.....

Registered
Probably a relief valve behind the red plug, which means "do not remove". Sounds like you may need to bleed it, or more likely you need a rebuild kit.

Registered
Discussion Starter #31
Probably a relief valve behind the red plug, which means "do not remove". Sounds like you may need to bleed it, or more likely you need a rebuild kit.
going to try and ourge it more this morning. certainly seems like air trapped... we'll see.

Joe

Registered
Personally, don't feel comfortable lifting a 950# bike on a 1000# jack. I've had a similar one for years from Craftsman. Never had a problem with it on lighter bikes. But that much weight (and cost) deserves a better option. Get a table lift.

Registered
Discussion Starter #33
Personally, don't feel comfortable lifting a 950# bike on a 1000# jack. I've had a similar one for years from Craftsman. Never had a problem with it on lighter bikes. But that much weight (and cost) deserves a better option. Get a table lift.
That is what I have the HF table MC lift works fine for many here. My problem was air in the hydraulic Fluid. That can happen with any system...

Registered
Discussion Starter #34
Still having problems has any one made adjustments to the pump rod? We purged the air bleed it after 4 lifts air in pump again. I have a hydraulic question. I understand how pressuring oil against the ram to gain a lift. Check valves preventing the fluid/oil from leaking back. How does the void of fluid in the cylinder move freely in a vacuum? Is the rubber plug a vent? Last time we bleed the pump worked fine lifted the bike twice. while releasing the valve to lower the bike the plug popped out.... before any one ask it was filled to the bottom of the hole as recommend by manufacturer... I鈥檓 puzzled, perplexed More like it......

Registered
Maybe try raising and lowering it a few times with the fill plug removed.

Registered
Did the plug pop out from air blowing it out, or fluid?

Registered
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
Maybe try raising and lowering it a few times with the fill plug removed.
I tried that made no difference until I adjusted the screw that says don鈥檛 adjust... 1/2 turn down clock wise. before the adjustment when I would pump to lift the fluid was noticeably returning back to reservoir... not doing that after adjustment..That鈥檚 how I noticed that because I was lifting with plug out... seems to be working fine now... cautiously optimistic....

Registered
Discussion Starter #40
That screw is over the pump piston maybe a spring loaded check valve for the passage that draws fluid from reservoir?? I have no clue...

21 - 40 of 41 Posts